Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Article: How to Spray Weeds and Insects Without Killing Everything Else: Deer Repellent

Communities > Forums > Article: How to Spray Weeds and Insects Without Killing Everything Else
bookmark
Forum: Article: How to Spray Weeds and Insects Without Killing Everything ElseReplies: 2, Views: 72
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
toscana
Beaufort, SC

June 9, 2008
9:03 PM

Post #5078356

Sounds great but I have a question. You said to use whole eggs, but Egg Beaters are just egg whites unless there is a different product that has both?
Thanks.
tonileland
Uncasville, CT
(Zone 6a)

June 9, 2008
9:12 PM

Post #5078406

Yes toscana, EggBeaters now have a version with some yolk in it.

Technically, it's the odor of protein that repels the deer and other veggie chewers. Egg white is still protein, but perhaps the yolk makes it especially repulsive to them!
RiverwoodProduceFarm
Kenosha, WI

January 5, 2009
12:46 PM

Post #5968331

Can this be sprayed on vegy's? Will it leave a smell/residue on them? I have deer that LOVE my lettuce.
Thanks.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: How to Spray Weeds and Insects Without Killing Everything Else Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Spray guard, great idea sallyg 7 Jun 9, 2008 5:16 PM
Another little trick for killing weeds jimneyj 1 Jun 22, 2008 5:24 PM
I am going to try this wonderful idea beebonnet 0 Jun 9, 2008 4:02 PM
Excellent! crimsontsavo 0 Jun 9, 2008 5:57 PM
Thanks! heathrjoy 0 Jun 9, 2008 6:36 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America