Photo by Melody

Article: How to Spray Weeds and Insects Without Killing Everything Else: Repellent for Rabbits

Communities > Forums > Article: How to Spray Weeds and Insects Without Killing Everything Else
bookmark
Forum: Article: How to Spray Weeds and Insects Without Killing Everything ElseReplies: 3, Views: 100
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
misshidie
Loris, SC

June 10, 2008
2:49 AM

Post #5080402

Do this same deer repellent, repell rabbits? They have really destoryed A lot 0f my lilys.
Asiatic lilys and Orental lilys . I ordered several Tree lilys and they have almost cut them all down. I sure would be thankfull for any help I could get to keep these little critters out of my Garden. THANKS UP FRONT misshidie
Wolfgang9
Hereford, AZ

June 10, 2008
4:52 AM

Post #5080976

I use this deer repellent with the addition of the hottest Cayenne pepper you can find, about one tbs. per gallon.The rabbits don't bother my lillies anymore, but now something is digging the bulbs up just as they break the surface. I suspect some kind of bird, possibly quail but haven't caught them at it.
tonileland
Uncasville, CT
(Zone 6a)

June 10, 2008
10:31 AM

Post #5081288

misshidie: my understanding is that the deer repellent also works for any animal that eats only vegetation. It should work for rabbits.

Wolfgang9: your bulbs are most likely under attack by chipmunks or squirrels. If the bulbs aren't damaged, replant them and cover with bird netting. This should give them enough protection (from digging) to get some height.
maiglocke
Cleveland, OH
(Zone 5b)

January 5, 2009
1:45 PM

Post #5968456

I heard that hanging soap, like 'Irish Spring', dollar store has a cheaper brand, on sticks, fences or where ever one would need to repel the deer. It has saved my hostas.

I also used hair, dog's and human to put around the hostas against the 'rabbits', may be? It has helped in the past against the deer, which also ate my azaleas and rhodes.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: How to Spray Weeds and Insects Without Killing Everything Else Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Spray guard, great idea sallyg 7 Jun 9, 2008 5:16 PM
Another little trick for killing weeds jimneyj 1 Jun 22, 2008 5:24 PM
I am going to try this wonderful idea beebonnet 0 Jun 9, 2008 4:02 PM
Excellent! crimsontsavo 0 Jun 9, 2008 5:57 PM
Thanks! heathrjoy 0 Jun 9, 2008 6:36 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America