Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Article: Remembering Plumbago: Articles by Sharon Brown

Communities > Forums > Article: Remembering Plumbago
bookmark
Forum: Article: Remembering PlumbagoReplies: 3, Views: 37
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
keeling
Nacogdoches, TX
(Zone 8b)

June 10, 2008
3:44 PM

Post #5082541

Thanks for sharing the past with us!!! I taught English for 37 years in public schools in Texas and your articles are the type I tried to get my students to write. There's much we all have to share and thank you for sharing.

I look forward to reading others!
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

June 10, 2008
4:22 PM

Post #5082693

Keeling,
Thirty seven must be the magic number for teaching. But I sure had fun all 37 of them. I think writers must write about things that are near and dear to them, that's all I seem to be able to do, but I do enjoy it.
I'll bet you were a great teacher, and I am sure you hear often from those students who really appreciated all that you taught.
Nice to hear from you, and thank you for your very nice words.
Sharon
weidner
Merchantville, NJ
(Zone 6a)

June 16, 2008
9:08 AM

Post #5110482

37 indeed! Add me to the list of 37-year teachers (high school and college - English composition and Celtic literature) and Plumbago growers. Bought a plant at Lowe's hardware last summer. It was slow to emerge this year -- showing growth only last week (June 10th), but now has a large bunch of leaves. Can't wait for the blossoms.
Jim, in South Jersey, near Philadelphia.
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

June 16, 2008
10:36 AM

Post #5110561

jim, on my way to Alaska, we'll talk soon, bumpy flight.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Remembering Plumbago Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
thanks! trackinsand 11 May 2, 2009 4:58 PM
Tears... Seedtosser1 5 Jun 10, 2008 11:59 PM
cool blue plumbago pinkypetunia 1 Jun 10, 2008 4:50 PM
your stories of Aunt Bett wyldeflwr 1 Jun 10, 2008 6:22 PM
Another good one! Sundownr 1 Jun 11, 2008 4:06 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America