I just found a trash can full of green pebbles in our barn

Easton, KS(Zone 5b)

Yeah, I know - we bought this place nearly a year ago, and I'm just now getting into cleaning the barn out. I found a galvanized trash can full of very dark green (like evergreen) pebbles. I'm pretty sure they are not natural - but I have no idea what they would be used for. Anyone ever heard of something like that? This used to be a dairy farm, if that helps!

Thanks!!

Beth

Panama, NY(Zone 5a)

I haven't got a clue - are they emeralds in disguise?

Easton, KS(Zone 5b)

LOL! I could only wish. I'll have to go take a picture of them.

Paris, TN(Zone 6b)

Fake seascape for one HUGE aquarium? (make sure it wasn't for a boa constrictor...)

Easton, KS(Zone 5b)

Hineni, that is hilarious!

Renton, WA(Zone 8a)

Fertilizer?
super big grass seed?

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

I would go with the aquarium gravel idea. Take some to a local pet store and see what they think. Or they could be from a landscaping job that didn't get finished?

Easton, KS(Zone 5b)

My husband thinks it is stuff you throw onto an oil spill or something, but I'm not totally sure!

Sugar Valley, GA(Zone 7b)

I am going up to the Homestead today with another load of household things...I will ask the old dairy cow/goat farmer what it could be...
If anyone will know, it would be him...

Easton, KS(Zone 5b)

That would be great, Dusty! Thanks, and drive safely!

Hey Beth... I'm sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, but the farmer was not there the other day.. I am on my way up there with a load today, and I know he will be there, so I will get to ask him for you...
I wish you had a pic I could print out to show him....

Paris, TN(Zone 6b)

Well, I hope it IS something like that, as opposed to the boa constrictor sea scape :)

Hey Sunny!!! Are you back in VA yet???

Paris, TN(Zone 6b)

Yes ma'am! Got in a little after 1 a.m. this morning. Back in heaven...:)

Easton, KS(Zone 5b)

Picture - I'll go take a picture!

Paris, TN(Zone 6b)

(sitting here waiting for that picture.....) Beth probably discovered that they ARE emeralds and is gleefully installing a water-driven polishing wheel to prep her small fortune. On the other hand, maybe the boa came back to see what was up in his seascape.... (teehee)

ROFLMAO>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Paris, TN(Zone 6b)

I'm telling you, they must have been emeralds and Beth is packaging them up to send us all some :D

Must have been...However Goat Farmer formerly Dairy Farmer says it sounds like rat bait to him...LOL

Easton, KS(Zone 5b)

Oh, gosh, I'm so sorry! I got distracted by this on the way out to the barn:

Thumbnail by beth_donovan
Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Wow! Beth, Dave runs a photo contest in November... you need to enter that photo in it!

Paris, TN(Zone 6b)

And still no photo of the emeralds...holding out, holding out.

Nice moth shoot though :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images