Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Article: Managing Elderly Lilacs: Thanks for your help!

Communities > Forums > Article: Managing Elderly Lilacs
bookmark
Forum: Article: Managing Elderly LilacsReplies: 0, Views: 26
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
cbetz
Rockville Centre, NY

June 15, 2008
10:23 PM

Post #5108774

Toni,
I was so excited to read your article! I love lilacs; the back yard of my family home was bordered on three sides with full grown beautiful and fragrant lilacs of varying colors. Some of my fondest childhood memories include waking up in the springtime with my windows open and my entire bedroom smelling like lilacs. When I moved into my current home, I realized that I had a lilac bush in my backyard and was overjoyed. After several springs with only a few blooms on the bush, I figured that my lilac was not meant to have flowers and I ordered several saplings from a nursery. Now I've learned so much from your article that I can also work on pruning my older bush and I'm so excited to see what kind of results I might get. In the interim, my saplings seem to be doing well but if you have any advice about them I'd love to hear! Thanks again for your insight! cbetz

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Managing Elderly Lilacs Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
How Timely! darius 12 Jun 13, 2010 5:14 PM
Aged Lilacs Pegaleigh 0 Mar 31, 2008 11:28 PM
Lilac tomtom1 1 Apr 5, 2008 11:00 AM
lilac blight jesskotz 1 Jun 9, 2010 12:05 PM
No lilac blooms mcjd34 2 Jun 7, 2010 2:25 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America