Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Article: El Cheapo Redneck Pond Tutorial: Recycling is a good thing

Communities > Forums > Article: El Cheapo Redneck Pond Tutorial
bookmark
Forum: Article: El Cheapo Redneck Pond TutorialReplies: 3, Views: 29
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
DianeEG
Galva, IL

June 17, 2008
12:56 PM

Post #5116227

What a great article. I saw a big beautiful pond and waterfall that was constructed with the top portion (the fall) made from an old huge satelite dish. With the landscaping, it didn't look like a "dish" and was perfect for the job. AND, it took the ugly thing out of the yard and not into the landfill. My first pond was an old cast iron bathtub sunk in the ground, piled some rocks inside so the frogs could enter/exit, and fish hide. My family, farmers, always recycled and reused as a way of "making do". Who knew redneck gardening would become the new hot "green" choice for conservation. May the sun shine on the back of all gardeners' necks this summer! (With sunscreen of course)
crimsontsavo
Crossville, TN
(Zone 7a)

June 28, 2008
4:58 AM

Post #5171508

lol, i think my very first pond was made out of a black trash bag. I did another trash bag pond here a couple years ago and it lasted a year until the dogs got in it LOL.
Lilliesan
San Antonio, TX

July 7, 2008
12:57 AM

Post #5214862

This article is just in time for me. I am creating a "no mow" lawn, and am just about to the point of digging my pond. I have already bought a water garden liner (it ought to last forever, it's so thick). I had also bought a pump, but it seems now I won't need to use it. I'm getting anxious to get started.

I was going to put in a picture of where it is going to be, but I don't know how.
crimsontsavo
Crossville, TN
(Zone 7a)

July 8, 2008
2:06 AM

Post #5221174

All ya gotta do is save the picture from your camera onto your computer then when you are posting a reply or thread click on the Browse button at the bottom of the reply box. Find your picture and then double click the file then click preview post then when you're happy click submit post.
Im really bad at explaining some things LOL.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: El Cheapo Redneck Pond Tutorial Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Helpful AND delightful Fitsy 7 Jun 29, 2008 7:34 PM
What about the frogs?....... Riverwine 4 Jun 28, 2008 5:04 AM
redneck entertainment Pughbear7 1 Jun 28, 2008 5:05 AM
Cannas, too. glendalekid 1 Jun 28, 2008 5:01 AM
Save the Frogs! colofaus 7 Jun 29, 2008 7:33 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America