Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Article: ShoeTree. Tell us; What Does It Mean To You?: Whoa ... Trees Growing Shoes!

Communities > Forums > Article: ShoeTree. Tell us; What Does It Mean To You?
bookmark
Forum: Article: ShoeTree. Tell us; What Does It Mean To You?Replies: 1, Views: 33
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
plantladylin
South Daytona, FL
(Zone 9b)

June 18, 2008
1:39 PM

Post #5121871

April, what a very interesting article! I was born, raised and have lived in the South my entire 60 years and have never heard of a Shoe Tree! What a sight that must be, a tree clothed in shoes of all kinds!

A couple of times over the years, I have seen a pair of sneakers hanging from telephone wires and always wondered why someone would throw their shoes up there. I always thought maybe it was kid's pranks. I could visualize two young boys walking home from school, fooling around and one taking the other's shoes, tossing them in the air and the shoe laces catching on the wires. I always wondered what their mama's were going to say when they told her their shoes were hanging on telephone wires and they had no way of retrieving them.

I like the idea that maybe these discarded shoes in trees have become homes for the birds. After a few rains cleaning the shoes and maybe taking away that sweaty foot smell, it's possible bird families have taken up residence! ^_^

Great article, April!
Aunt_A

June 27, 2008
2:58 AM

Post #5166071

Hello plantladylin...thanks for all the comments and the compliment.

I've never thrown shoes up in the trees or on the lines. I wear my shoes out until they fall apart...LOL...

It was a lot of fun writing the article and I'm so glad you enjoyed it!

Aunt_A
April Campbell

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: ShoeTree. Tell us; What Does It Mean To You? Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Shoes In My Neighborhood jadajoy 24 Jul 4, 2008 12:57 PM
Rolling on the Floor MitchF 3 Jul 5, 2008 1:10 AM
Interesting Windy 1 Jun 28, 2008 5:34 PM
Boot tree so1ange 2 Apr 22, 2009 2:59 PM
Shoe tree in CA kathymac 1 Nov 16, 2009 1:55 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America