Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Article: ShoeTree. Tell us; What Does It Mean To You?: Whoa ... Trees Growing Shoes!

Communities > Forums > Article: ShoeTree. Tell us; What Does It Mean To You?
bookmark
Forum: Article: ShoeTree. Tell us; What Does It Mean To You?Replies: 1, Views: 33
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
plantladylin
South Daytona, FL
(Zone 9b)

June 18, 2008
1:39 PM

Post #5121871

April, what a very interesting article! I was born, raised and have lived in the South my entire 60 years and have never heard of a Shoe Tree! What a sight that must be, a tree clothed in shoes of all kinds!

A couple of times over the years, I have seen a pair of sneakers hanging from telephone wires and always wondered why someone would throw their shoes up there. I always thought maybe it was kid's pranks. I could visualize two young boys walking home from school, fooling around and one taking the other's shoes, tossing them in the air and the shoe laces catching on the wires. I always wondered what their mama's were going to say when they told her their shoes were hanging on telephone wires and they had no way of retrieving them.

I like the idea that maybe these discarded shoes in trees have become homes for the birds. After a few rains cleaning the shoes and maybe taking away that sweaty foot smell, it's possible bird families have taken up residence! ^_^

Great article, April!
Aunt_A

June 27, 2008
2:58 AM

Post #5166071

Hello plantladylin...thanks for all the comments and the compliment.

I've never thrown shoes up in the trees or on the lines. I wear my shoes out until they fall apart...LOL...

It was a lot of fun writing the article and I'm so glad you enjoyed it!

Aunt_A
April Campbell

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: ShoeTree. Tell us; What Does It Mean To You? Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Shoes In My Neighborhood jadajoy 24 Jul 4, 2008 12:57 PM
Rolling on the Floor MitchF 3 Jul 5, 2008 1:10 AM
Interesting Windy 1 Jun 28, 2008 5:34 PM
Boot tree so1ange 2 Apr 22, 2009 2:59 PM
Shoe tree in CA kathymac 1 Nov 16, 2009 1:55 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America