Photo by Melody

Article: The Mediterranean Climate: Where Summer is Winter: Memories...

Communities > Forums > Article: The Mediterranean Climate: Where Summer is Winter
bookmark
Forum: Article: The Mediterranean Climate: Where Summer is WinterReplies: 4, Views: 34
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

jjacques

jjacques
LE TAMPON
Reunion (French)

June 18, 2008
4:49 PM

Post #5122906

Your article raised many memories...when I lived in Paris I used to got quite often in the Greek island, mostly in summer when it is hot and dry but you get all the juicy fruits to enjoy; water-melons, figs, grapes, pricky pear fruit etc...then I went once in spring and was amazed at all the wild orchids and many flowers all over the place, like a different world!
JJ
robcorreia
San Diego, CA
(Zone 10b)

June 18, 2008
5:27 PM

Post #5123098

GREAT article! Very useful for us here in CA!
Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

June 18, 2008
9:00 PM

Post #5123961

Thank you, I'm glad you liked it.
quiltygirl
No Central, AZ
(Zone 7b)

June 23, 2008
5:48 PM

Post #5147676

Kelli, what part of Calif are you from? We live in SW Riverside county and have had a week of over 100 degree temps - plants have become dormant or died. I laugh when I read things like Butterfly bushes started to bloom in July! Ha - all my flowers will be gone by then. Spring is Feb-March. Thank God for Lowes' & Home Depot's "Return with Receipt" for 1 year program! I see nice plants at good nurseries, but can't afford to have them die.
Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

June 23, 2008
5:54 PM

Post #5147712

I'm in the San Fernando Valley. I've had the same weather over the past week as you. I stay indoors like it's winter in Chicago.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: The Mediterranean Climate: Where Summer is Winter Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Beautiful! adinamiti 1 Jun 17, 2011 9:30 AM
Tulips, too! jazzy1okc 1 Jun 20, 2011 10:44 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America