Have you seen these adorable puppy flower arrangements?

(Cissy) San Jose, CA(Zone 9b)

These pictures were sent to me in email. I imagine lots of you got them as well. I find them wonderful. I also found a link showing how they are made.
http://www.floralclasses.com/infopage.php?type=shownewsletter&nlid=174

Thumbnail by Sis_E
Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

I have seen them now, they are really clever.

I am going to try this, but with silk flowers. Then they'll last. But, as a cute gift, live flowers would be nice :)

South, TX

That is so adorable. I must try it!

london England, United Kingdom

I wonder what Treacle would look like made in flowers? LOL!!

Thumbnail by terriculture
South, TX

Flowers could not match that cuteness! She is a doll!

Aww Terri! How cute she is! yup, flowers may not do her justice LOL :D

Cissy

Thanks, I've sort of adopted her since my daughter has lost interest!
I agree, Treacle would be too hard to make with flowers!

This message was edited Jun 30, 2008 9:09 AM

Hi Cissy, Have you seen the Florists review thread by marcia? They are showing a christmas review, there is a gorgeous reindeer made with flowers. Just thought you might like to see it, if you haven't already LOL!

eddited to say it's in the 'feature story' section.

This message was edited Jul 4, 2008 1:34 AM

Thank you, Terri! I will check it out! :)

Cissy

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

How cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : )

What a clever idea and as a dog lover, doubly cute. Thanks Sis for posting this or I wouldn't have seen it.

Starlight......I still plan on doing one myself......if'n I ever get the time! LOL. :)

Sis

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Anybody got an idea how ya might do a tiger, if a tiger is possible. Might be something cute to help as a fund raiser for school scholarships.

I gotta try and make the dog too , but like you Sis gotta find the time. I got the mums growing if they ever flower.

Did see though but you ya leave the starp on around the basket and the floral block or do ya take it off at some point?

I don't know about the strap. I think, though, that I will probably make one out of silk/fake flowers as a gift, for example. Lot easier to find the flowers at a craft store than real flowers. Just a thought :D

Cis

As far as a tiger goes, I would imagine very small black and orange mums......as in silk flowers? Hmm LOL

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

I was at the market yesterday and somewoman had a bunch of pinky orange plastic mums for sale for abuck, so i bought them and gonna try with some artificial flowers to see if I cna try it. Gota get some fake leather leaf when i go to the store next.

That way if i mess it up I don't feel so bad cuz ya can alwys use artificial for other things and rewire if ya cut the stems to short

good idea, starlight! This week I plan on going to the craft store and get the mums, sponge block, ferns and the smaller filler daisy like flowers. There I can get the eyes too! :D

Cissy

Humansville, MO

hi elle here
have you made any other animal
i sure would like to make other animal
elle

Not me, Elle! LOL. I got the "ingrediants" to make the silk arrangemnt puppy, but haven't started yet. Geeze, time is so limited! LOL.

Cissy

Humansville, MO

i got the suff to make it too
but like you said need the time to make
elle

elle, are you going to use live flowers or silk ones?

Cissy

Humansville, MO

silk one

Ahh, good. All that work and a real puppy flower would be gone too soon :( LOL

Cis

Humansville, MO

the silk one do not work
how is your coming along
elle

I tried doing the top part but the foam wanted to split. I used the foam for silk arrangments too! I got the feet with filler fern! LOL. Just feet, nothing else.....yet!
I might give up for awhile ;D LOL. The picture shows feet only. Try to picture with the rest of the body......LOL

Cissy

Thumbnail by Sis_E
Humansville, MO

so funnly
i gave up too
lol
elle

Humansville, MO

any one know how to do it we need help
elle

elle, I think what makes it hard with silk flowers is the stiffness of the stems don't allow for movement within the foam block. When you need to manipulate the stems, the foam wants to break up. I haven't given up. I just love this idea :)

Cissy

Humansville, MO

my dh said to wet the foam block
elle

I might try that. I know you have to for live flowers, but I'm not so sure about foam for silk flowers. Might make them crumble. I'll give it a try. Thanks!

Cissy :D

Humansville, MO

ok
i might get time to try again
need to help dave but maybe one night
will take picture of my try
elle

Good, elle! Me too..when I get the time :D

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

What about if we used clay instead of foam? Think that would hold better or not.

What type of clayk starlight? I'm not picturing it! ...oh another thing I could't find for this project was the floral tape they used in the live demo site. Hmmm

Cissy

Humansville, MO

i got the tape but can not see how to use it
elle

elle, I would imagine you would tie around the entire foam and basket to hold everything in place. How did it come? A role? Certain length pieces?

Cis

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Not sure what kind of clay it is, but I know when I took a floral arraging class of which I had the most pathetic arrangements of anybody. We were making some sort arrangment and we had this green clay that we stuck on think it was called a frog and then stuck th eflowers in it.

Wonder if somethign like that type of clay might work.

Oh I know what a frog is. It would have to be tall like the demo is in order for the "puppy" to have all his parts LOL. I just might give up on this for awhile until I can find the time to do it up right! LOL. What is "find the time" ? :D

Cis

Humansville, MO

i got the tape
it come in a roll
it hot so i will try to make it
today
elle
cross your fringer

elle, I have all fingers and toes crossed....and one eye too ;D

Cis

Post a Reply to this Thread