Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Article: PawPaws, Anyone??: Thanks! Now I really want to try these!

Communities > Forums > Article: PawPaws, Anyone??
bookmark
Forum: Article: PawPaws, Anyone??Replies: 3, Views: 28
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

June 19, 2008
4:14 PM

Post #5127847

Thanks for an entertaining & informative article, Sharon!

I've come across descriptions of pawpaws before and have wondered about trying them here. Our little "fence row" of trees is only about 20 feet wide across the back of the yard, though, so I wonder if that would provide enough shade (the back faces SSW)... if not, we may have to wait until the additional trees (maple, sweetgum, mimosa) we planted on one side of the yard get a tall enough to form a canopy... which could take a while, LOL!
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

June 20, 2008
7:51 AM

Post #5131661

thank you, jill. I am in Alaska this week and have only limited puter time. So i am on my Iphone sitting outside in dusky daylight. I have lost all concept of time. Thanks for your comments. I will catch up on articles when I return.
Sharon
critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

June 20, 2008
10:40 AM

Post #5131818

Ooh, that's right! This is the week! I hope you're having a fabulous adventure!! :-)
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

June 20, 2008
6:24 PM

Post #5133885

midnight sun week!!!
I have maybe 250 photos of wildflowers, unbelievable naturalbeauty! More later, cant send photos by iPhone.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: PawPaws, Anyone?? Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Distribution map KyWoods 38 Jun 29, 2008 7:50 PM
Take a bow! Great article! darlindeb 1 Jun 20, 2008 3:24 AM
Pawpaw not papaya Islandshari 1 Jun 20, 2008 3:16 AM
Pawpaws along the James River gloriag 1 Jun 21, 2008 2:44 AM
Pawpaw in my shade garden. kmm44 1 Jun 23, 2008 5:57 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America