Photo by Melody

Clean and Clutter-free: Anyone own a Flipfold?

Communities > Forums > Clean and Clutter-free
bookmark
Forum: Clean and Clutter-freeReplies: 7, Views: 107
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Heidillyho
Stanwood, IA

June 19, 2008
9:03 PM

Post #5129157

I finally gave in and ordered one in the hopes that it will be so much "fun" the kids will want to use it all the time ("eyes") .

http://www.flipfold.com/

I know it sounds ridiculous, but one of my pet peeves is when the towels and shirts are folded all different ways...this way maybe the kids can fold laundry and I won't have to go back through and refold everything.
ecrane3
Dublin, CA
(Zone 9a)

June 20, 2008
2:19 AM

Post #5130803

You'll have to let us know how it works for you...personally I wouldn't hold my breath on the kids using it, but it's worth a shot! There are just some things where you have to make a choice--either you do all the folding and then you're not stressed out about things being folded wrong (but then of course the kids don't learn valuable life skills!), or you give up on the kids and just fold it all yourself in the first place and reduce your stress level.

flowAjen

flowAjen
central, NJ
(Zone 6b)

June 20, 2008
9:16 PM

Post #5134484

That's what my associates used back in my retail management days. Had to make those tables look perfect.
But for me since our tees are basically all hung up I wouldn't need it. Too bad you already bought them I would have suggested just using a gift box to fold the shirt around. Works the same way.
Heidillyho
Stanwood, IA

June 22, 2008
10:50 PM

Post #5144015

flowerjen...When I saw the thing the first time, I thought about making my own out of cardboard. I mean, it can't be that difficult, right?
But I wondered how long cardboard would last, and if I don't like this thing I can always return it, so we'll see how it goes.
JuneyBug
Dover AFB, DE
(Zone 7a)

June 23, 2008
11:41 PM

Post #5149330

My DIL LOVES hers. She is mommy to 4 under the age of 7 and the 5 year old is now folding all of the kitchen and bath linens. (A mountain every other day) She too used one in a retail setting when she was a teen, so when her Mom suggested it, she jumped on it. She made it look fun easy and helpful, so my GD pestered her to "let her help" (That's how Tom Sawyer got the fence painted, a lesson my Son and DIL learned well) I think she has used it for a year now.
Heidillyho
Stanwood, IA

June 24, 2008
6:07 PM

Post #5153104

I got mine today and it seems pretty neat. It's well made and the kids thought it was so cool they did all their own laundry and got their stuff folded. I ordered mine from the Home Shopping Network, so I got a FlipFold junior for free with my standard flipfold. The junior is the perfect size for my eight year old to use on her stuff. The only drawback was that since I ordered the item from the Home Shopping Network, it came packed in a box with those styrofoam peanuts (and NOT the cornstarch ones). That really made me mad so I am using the enclosed shipping label to return the peanuts to them.
KayJones
Panama City Beach, FL
(Zone 8b)

July 8, 2008
7:14 PM

Post #5225047

I have had two for years - gave one away and still have one - works great!
Heidillyho
Stanwood, IA

July 8, 2008
7:34 PM

Post #5225136

Its been a few weeks now, and the Flipfold novelty hasn't worn off yet. Everytime I pull the thing out to fold clothes they are all three there pestering me to let them do it. My son has actually been making sure his laundry gets washed (instead of shoving it under his bed) and makes sure to let me know that HE will be folding his things.
NOW if only they would invent a sock matcher.SIGH.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Clean and Clutter-free Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Anyone enjoy TLC's "Clean Sweep"? gardenwife 22 Jun 24, 2008 12:44 AM
Favorite bathroom cleaner? Terry 79 Nov 9, 2013 2:05 AM
Do you do this? Terry 11 Sep 22, 2009 5:16 AM
Dog Slobber levilyla 24 Nov 4, 2012 3:33 PM
Vacuums Yuska 99 Jan 5, 2011 9:36 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America