Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: PawPaws, Anyone??: Pawpaw not papaya

Communities > Forums > Article: PawPaws, Anyone??
bookmark
Forum: Article: PawPaws, Anyone??Replies: 1, Views: 50
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Islandshari
Kwajalein
Marshall Islands
(Zone 11)

June 20, 2008
12:53 AM

Post #5130343

HI Shar in Alaska! boy this message is covering the length of the Pacific, huh? I sometimes call my beloved papayas "pawpaws", because that is what we called them when I was a kid in Mexico. As an adult, I knew there was another fruit that was actually called a pawpaw for real, but I had never seen, nor tasted one. Your lovely article has convinced me that I should! I loved your story about the play house/cabin and landing on your backside amidst a pile of pawpaw...I could picture it all! Thanks for the wonderful article, keep it up!

Yokwe,
Shari
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

June 20, 2008
3:16 AM

Post #5131064

Hi, Shari...
So glad you liked the article. The fruit really does have a tropical flavor, I can taste it now and I am all the way in Alaska this week!!

I hope you find some, and if I can talk my brother into gathering seeds for me this fall, I will share with everybody!.
Thanks for your comments.
Sharon

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: PawPaws, Anyone?? Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Distribution map KyWoods 38 Jun 29, 2008 7:50 PM
Thanks! Now I really want to try these! critterologist 3 Jun 20, 2008 6:24 PM
Take a bow! Great article! darlindeb 1 Jun 20, 2008 3:24 AM
Pawpaws along the James River gloriag 1 Jun 21, 2008 2:44 AM
Pawpaw in my shade garden. kmm44 1 Jun 23, 2008 5:57 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America