Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: How to Spray Weeds and Insects Without Killing Everything Else: Grass Between the cracks of bricks

Communities > Forums > Article: How to Spray Weeds and Insects Without Killing Everything Else
bookmark
Forum: Article: How to Spray Weeds and Insects Without Killing Everything ElseReplies: 5, Views: 74
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
ShadowJack
Westville, IL
(Zone 5b)

June 22, 2008
2:10 PM

Post #5141995

I have Brick pathways running through my garden...I don't have enough time in the day to keep pulling it and I am scared of anything bleeding into the garden...Will vinegar work there?
tonileland
Uncasville, CT
(Zone 6a)

June 22, 2008
4:32 PM

Post #5142635

Absolutely! This is the perfect solution to weeds in crevices. Use the solution sparingly so you won't have run-off problems.
ShadowJack
Westville, IL
(Zone 5b)

June 22, 2008
4:33 PM

Post #5142643

Straight vinegar? or a mixture? and can it be distilled white, or does it have to be applecider from the grocery store?

Thanks for your help
tonileland
Uncasville, CT
(Zone 6a)

June 22, 2008
10:03 PM

Post #5143879

Straight vinegar. Don't spray before expected rain because the dilution overrides the effect.

The acetic acid in vinegar is what makes it effective, so use distilled which is 30% (as opposed to cider which is only 5%).

Vinegar will kill many weeds in various stages of growth, but won't faze some. You'll just have to experiment. But for the cracks in concrete, I've had great success.
ShadowJack
Westville, IL
(Zone 5b)

June 23, 2008
12:42 AM

Post #5144410

Fantastic!...I will be doing that. Someone else suggested a blow torch, I kinna like that idea as well...lol
raebeags
Dighton, MA
(Zone 6a)

July 26, 2008
3:24 AM

Post #5320855

you could buy a flamer a good one costs about 50 bucks. You attach it to a hand held propane tank. You don't burn the grass you just dry up the water cells. In a few hours the grass starts wilting away. Take a push broom to it the next day and just pick it up. Works on moss between bricks too!!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: How to Spray Weeds and Insects Without Killing Everything Else Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Spray guard, great idea sallyg 7 Jun 9, 2008 5:16 PM
Another little trick for killing weeds jimneyj 1 Jun 22, 2008 5:24 PM
I am going to try this wonderful idea beebonnet 0 Jun 9, 2008 4:02 PM
Excellent! crimsontsavo 0 Jun 9, 2008 5:57 PM
Thanks! heathrjoy 0 Jun 9, 2008 6:36 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America