Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Article: Eight Popular Greenhouse and Houseplants: Great list for the greenhouse

Communities > Forums > Article: Eight Popular Greenhouse and Houseplants
bookmark
Forum: Article: Eight Popular Greenhouse and HouseplantsReplies: 1, Views: 51
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
gessiegail
Taft, TX
(Zone 9a)

June 25, 2008
1:00 AM

Post #5154925

Enjoyed the memories of working in a greenhouse and you really hit the mark with the plants you suggested for winter growth (here in the south). I could never attempt any of these in my house but I do love to see them bloom so well in cool conditions.
wolffiezgarden
Remlap, AL

March 15, 2010
10:18 PM

Post #7632584

I have 5 acres and a 20x96 ft greenhouse. I am trying to decide if I should focus on growing only tomatoes, peppers and cucumbers or should I try to grow more of a variety
of items. Spring of 2011 will be my 1st growing season with this greenhouse. My greenhouse is paid for, the land is paid for , so in essence I do not have any debt and have very low overhead. I got such a great deal on this greenhouse. It has everything I need to get started except for the double plastic covering. I consider that a small expense since the greenhouse came equipped with fans, heater, evaporative cooling system, electrical system and irrigation system all for the sum of $1,500.00. I have been praying about this business for a couple of years now and when I found this deal on the greenhouse I took it a devine find. I have worked at large greenhouses taken numerous horti. classes and will be working on my Master Gardners certification too. Any advice you could offer would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Eight Popular Greenhouse and Houseplants Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Begonia an other beauties Aunt_A 2 Jun 25, 2008 11:10 PM
indoor plants dbelcher 1 Jun 13, 2011 9:55 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America