Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: The Devil in My Woods: Prickly Pear Cactus: My Prickly Pear

Communities > Forums > Article: The Devil in My Woods: Prickly Pear Cactus
bookmark
Forum: Article: The Devil in My Woods: Prickly Pear CactusReplies: 3, Views: 48
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Jax4ever
Boxford, MA
(Zone 6a)

June 27, 2008
7:20 PM

Post #5169022

I am thrilled with my Prickly Pear! It's the only true cactus (that I know of) that is hardy in zone 6! Amazing- desert plant in the damp pine woods. Thank you for letting me know that it's supposed to fall over- I though Iwas mistreating it!

DGer Chantell gave me 3 pads of Prickly Pear, and they've taken off, gowing like crazy. One word of caution: when someone ships you a box of Prickly Pear pads, LOOK IN THE BOX BEFORE PUTTING YOUR HAND INSIDE. Um, hot soapy water, tweezers, tape, glue... all are more difficult to use with both hands covered in spines! Yow!!!
libellule
Fountain, FL
(Zone 8b)

June 27, 2008
9:28 PM

Post #5169569

Jax,
Sounds like in that case, you'd have to enlist the help of a family member. Both hands-Ouch!
Yep, always look in the box first. :-)
Jax4ever
Boxford, MA
(Zone 6a)

June 28, 2008
4:35 PM

Post #5173102

Any family member of mine would be too busy ROFL!!!
libellule
Fountain, FL
(Zone 8b)

June 28, 2008
4:52 PM

Post #5173174

LOL

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: The Devil in My Woods: Prickly Pear Cactus Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Oh. Thank you! gloria125 7 Jul 1, 2008 12:17 PM
Another Idea for Spines. eje812 5 Jul 1, 2008 12:20 PM
Prickly Pear Steve_K 1 Jul 1, 2008 12:30 PM
Prickly Pear and the woods! BesEden 3 Jul 4, 2008 1:09 AM
Aww oh yes I remember them well! patpenney 1 Jul 1, 2008 12:15 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America