Tractors and Log homes part 6

none of ur business, OK(Zone 5b)

Here are some more pics of the daily things we are doing with our farm, Big Nell and the log house
Enjoy
Sue and Al at work
ok well mostly Al working, i m holding a chain for him, while he attaches a mower

Thumbnail by taynors

Savannah my 5 yr old took these pics
My MIL wasn't sure she new how to use my camera .
The mower was stuck so we really had to grease it up. What a mess. Good thing i wear them fancy clothes i got. LOL NOT.

Thumbnail by taynors

and the mower is finely on

Thumbnail by taynors

Last week they started on the walls. Its looking more and more like a house with walls finely.
this is the wall that seperates the wash room from the kitchen

Thumbnail by taynors

bathroom

Thumbnail by taynors

going around the pipe thingys
this part takes time. personaly i like the look of the open pipe, but the inspector says no
peice by piece it goes
exciting isn't it ? ! lol

Thumbnail by taynors
Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

i am so thrilled for you!

tf

Paris, TN(Zone 6b)

I really liked the ambiance that the wood walls give - so warm and inviting. You're going to have one beautiful place there Sue :)

(Tia) Norman, OK(Zone 7a)

Wow just beautiful. That is exactly what we want to do inside our house also. We may do it this winter, 1 wall at a time.

thank you
yes and we haven't stained it yet either. We are told that it will darken over time . So we don't want to go to dark. But i love dark woods. But we will keep the walls one shade darker in the stain, i wan't a warm tone. I love warm tones. The floor and cabinet work is a dark warm tone . Hickory ? and the counter tops will be black, yes that is a cool color but the with everything else in warm tones and woods black was the only choice really. Its a foux marble lol we will change it in a few yrs to real marble or stone .
Luv2G sounds great what you are going to do to your walls. I do like the look it makes it so warm feeling .

We want the natural pine finish. Our living area is small right now and dont want to shrink it with a darker tone. We will just do our living room and my "office" area.

that sounds great. :) i like the natural pine too.
sorry i had to cut you all off but DH called from china.
Time to get a move the day
take care
sue

Have fun. and take care.
Tia

your going to be busy with all them chicks comming L2G llol :)
I havn't gone to the farm today
paid the well guy, he didn't say much and neither did i. I thought it best to be left unsaid. He still needs to do a water test. We still need to get the electic up and going. I m wondering if i should do anything to get it moving. I know he said we have a bush in the way and he needs us to take it out.
So that is all i got today
might go over tonight
raining alot today
windy and cold too
take care
blessings
sue

Yea yea yea, going to be busy, got my mom involved so they are all going up to her place. At least over the weekend.

Good luck on the electric and well. And hopefully it will stop raining for you.

thanks
:)

Paris, TN(Zone 6b)

You can send the rain here Sue, we can always use it :) 50 degrees here this morning....GREEEEEEEEEEEEAT!

we had a cool spell yesterday and its warmer today.
i see what i can do about the rain :) and send it your way . lol
how are them pups doing ?

well it has been awhile since i have posted " my bad"
we have been busy .
Gardening
Mowing
everyday life stuff
Dr. apts
There is the trim guys working hard on the house . Putting up walls and trim around the window and other area's . The hard time consuming part is the work around the vents . That is the time consuming part. I don't mind the vent look. I think it adds a rustic old look but the BI doesn't think so. We still need to get some electic out there . Wish we could get it soon. Apparently our builder got into it again with the electric guy. I m seeing a pattern here ? duh. LOL :)
DH is still in china and i think the two of us are at our limit LOL . This was a good idea from the begging but sheesh " what were we thinking ? LOL " I can honestly say this farm will be built on blood sweat and tears LOL
Im looking forward to getting some of the wood done this fall , while also working on the poison ivy and grape vines too.
If only i can convince DH we need a pond !! for a swimming hole
My corn is looking pretty sad , since we had the flood in the garden its a bit scattered.
Here are some pics

hmmm didn't want to work
will try again

Thumbnail by taynors

lettuce
i really like this salad mix from SSE
its just so pretty i actually use it more for pretty than anything. I m going to do a fall garden of greens too

Thumbnail by taynors

basil and some tomatos
I think they are Lukcy Cross . I think Aries gave them to me or Tplant. I will remember soon :)
ok DD is not feeling well , i think its the heat .
take care
blessings to you all
sue

Thumbnail by taynors
Paris, TN(Zone 6b)

Love that lettuce patch Sue - what package is that from SSE? I'm trying to dig out my packed lettuce seeds to get some new stuff in the ground, as ours is coming to a quick end here.

i think i shall have a salad today for lunch , unless the bunnies got to it first. LOL
I was just reading your thread and sounds like you 've been busy.
take care
sue

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

I bought a salad mix of 16 greens. Have been enjoying them. Wish the tomatoes would catch up so I could enjoy a salad. Tomatoes are loaded but none turning yet.

This lettuce has done the best. What kind is it?

Thumbnail by CajuninKy
Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

Sue

With as much as you've had on your plate I'm impressed you have been able to garden at all. You go girl!!!

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

lookin great Sue, send me some corn!
Cajun, that looks like a buttercrunch to me, it does well in the heat, and less likely to bolt [go to seed]...

really drooling over that basil. the rats cleared out my herb garden...

tf

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

I have a great patch of lemon balm.

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

now i can't blame that on the rats, before i enclosed it, a hen got up their and ate the whole lemon balm plant, it never came back up...

Paris, TN(Zone 6b)

Cajun, did you get that at Southern Seed Exposure? I need some heat hardy lettuces to plant in a half sun/half shade bed. That does look like buttercrunch. I want to try Jericho, a nice heat resistant romaine from Israel too.

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

that Jericho is a good one. has less water ocntent than buttercrunch though, so tastes best in a mix...

Thanks Cajun . i think the garden is the only thing that keeps me sane !! lol well and maybe a glass of wine or two or three :)
Hineni Try Johnnys has some heat tolerant lettuce
TF If our corn pollinates that will be cool . make some corn relish for you . :)
Pepper patch is a huge bust !!! im so bummed. I might try and transplant some where i had the cabbage and next to the tomatillos.
I can't wait for tomatos.
I just ordered some fall lettuce seeds. I m hoping to get a few in the green house in Aug and try and keep them going through the late fall and early winter. Got some asian varietys .
I need more cilantro though. mine are arleady going to seed . I cut them in half and let some go to seed. I beleive you get coriander seeds from it ? anyone know ?
got pesto comming out the wazoo. Love it.
wish i had some pics but not much change has accured really. They are still putting up the walls. You can only take so many pics of the walls LOL until they all look alike . LOL
blessings
sue

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

Yep, cilantro seeds are coriander.

good to know . I love coriander too. thanks Darius :)

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

I got the mix in a big envelope at Walmart. It is already mixed up. The buttercrunch has seemed to do the best out of all the seeds. What kind is this?

Thumbnail by CajuninKy
Paris, TN(Zone 6b)

Got me on that one Cajun; looks similar to Lolla Rossa, but without the red coloring :) Very frilly though, nice in a salad for texture. How's the taste?

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

I haven't tasted it myself. I am eaiting for my tomatoes to turn so I can have a salad. that is he only way I like lettuce. My turtle likes it and so does DH.

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

looks perfect for a huge grilled hamburger...

I got some of my lettuce today and boy did i get a salad out of it. Well a lettuce salad.
My pepper patch is officially a BUST. Uhg. I m sure the corn wont pollinate due to not to many stalks are the same size lol :) and to scattered apart . We have locks on the doors . I have my key. weeee. We had some burglaries in our neihgborhood. so we didn't want the contractors to loose any of there tools or the genterator.
Oh well the watermelons are looking good so far. KNock on wood.
Oh a hamburger sounds really good right now yummmm.
Cajun go figure Wally has a good mix . :) I have some buttercrunch too i think. LOL
Which reminds me i have to get new lettuce mix seeds .
Well no one is working on the house. Looks like all of the walls are up and all the vents are closed in ect...
take care
sue

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

OK, i am waiting for pictures of your trip to Dusty's!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images