Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Article: Trash to Treasure ~ Breathing New Life Into Your Garden Critters: Pushing me...

Communities > Forums > Article: Trash to Treasure ~ Breathing New Life Into Your Garden Critters
bookmark
Forum: Article: Trash to Treasure ~ Breathing New Life Into Your Garden CrittersReplies: 5, Views: 42
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

Sheila_FW

Sheila_FW
Fort Worth, TX
(Zone 8a)

July 5, 2008
4:22 PM

Post #5207708

You are pushing me in the right direction! I have been needing to repaint all my items, but I was dreading it. Considered just throwing them in the garbage until your article. One color...I can do that easy! Thanks for the inspiration Janet!

ps...I have always hated missing that 2nd CS RU when you came. Hope to meet you one day! Love to read threads about you and your sister's facinating artwork.
UniQueTreasures
Beaumont, TX
(Zone 8b)

July 5, 2008
4:36 PM

Post #5207759

Aaaawww Thanks Sheila. I hate that I missed meeting you too. Maybe you can make the one in Houston this month on the 26th at RJ's house. Connie and I will be there. We do have a good time creating things that can't help but make folks grin. I think we get that from our Dad. He was such a wonderful prankster.

It's a lot of fun seeing things in our yards go from ready for the trash to Hey I think I"ll keep that one a few more years. It's especially nice with sentimental things that you just don't want to get rid of.

Sheila_FW

Sheila_FW
Fort Worth, TX
(Zone 8a)

July 5, 2008
4:54 PM

Post #5207836

If things were settled here with DH's health issues, I would definately be on the road. But he is lookin at a second back surgery probably sooner than later. We both retired and now can't get away for anything.
Got to put that paint on my list now so I don't forget again!
UniQueTreasures
Beaumont, TX
(Zone 8b)

July 5, 2008
5:05 PM

Post #5207892

I'll keep your DH in my prayers. Back surgery is a major thing and hopefully they can get his problems corrected.

The hammered metal paint can be found at most hardware stores and I would be willing to bet Walmart has it too. Pick up a couple different colors. I love the bronze and the copper best. The two "mixed" are my favorites!

Sheila_FW

Sheila_FW
Fort Worth, TX
(Zone 8a)

July 5, 2008
6:46 PM

Post #5208277

I thought it looked like bronze and copper, thanks.
UniQueTreasures
Beaumont, TX
(Zone 8b)

July 5, 2008
8:33 PM

Post #5208660

What can I say? Copper runs in my blood! HAHAHAHAHA

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Trash to Treasure ~ Breathing New Life Into Your Garden Critters Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Great article, again libellule 9 Jul 7, 2008 2:45 PM
Need help thinkin' "outside the box"... podster 9 Jul 7, 2008 8:38 PM
Three Thumbs up! Eufaula 3 Jul 5, 2008 5:38 PM
(re)painting garden art ifferd 3 Jul 8, 2008 4:52 PM
Thanks for the article!!!! DriftingDude 4 Jul 8, 2008 10:30 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America