Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Cameras and Photography: Camera or Computer Problem

Communities > Forums > Cameras and Photography
bookmark
Forum: Cameras and PhotographyReplies: 6, Views: 82
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
momcat
northeast, IL
(Zone 5a)

July 6, 2008
1:47 PM

Post #5211620

My camera (Kodak EasyShare Z710) seems to be working fine. I took some pictures yesterday and downloaded them into my computer, everything was great. This morning I went out to take some more pictures, when I connect the camera to the computer, I get a message saying "USB Device not recognized. One of the devices attached to this USB has malfunctioned and Windows does not recognize it."
Any ideas what could be the problem? This has never come up before.

Thanks,
Deb

melody

melody
Benton, KY
(Zone 7a)

July 6, 2008
2:15 PM

Post #5211765

Unhook the USB cable and re-boot computer. After that, better minds than mine are needed.
momcat
northeast, IL
(Zone 5a)

July 6, 2008
2:18 PM

Post #5211781

Thanks Mel, that did work. I never even thought of that, too busy panicking!!

Deb

melody

melody
Benton, KY
(Zone 7a)

July 6, 2008
2:25 PM

Post #5211807

Whew!

I just took a shot in the dark. Glad it worked.
wormfood
Lecanto, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 17, 2008
3:31 PM

Post #5273627

I unplug everything like twice a year. Cable. USB's. Plugs. Everything. Wait 10 minutes (you only have to wait 10 seconds) and reattach. The computer doesn't give me trouble for months. Runs faster. Don't get the "does not recognize" message anymore. A friend just pulls her plugs out, says it does good just doing that.
shirleyt
Pearl River, LA

July 21, 2008
3:34 PM

Post #5295924

I know rebooting or restoring corrects problems but I have never done the unplug thing. Can I do that without messing up my wireless connection to another computer????? shirleyt
wormfood
Lecanto, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 26, 2008
5:21 PM

Post #5322921

I'd unhook all of that one too. I'm not an expert, to put it back together takes a certain order. I believe you connect it all and then plug it in. But better to ask the experts. Just start another thread, you'll get someone.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Cameras and Photography Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
photography(?) tink76627 7 Jul 25, 2011 5:03 AM
* FYI > Defect in some digital cameras * Magpye 24 Nov 7, 2007 12:48 PM
Anyone Use a Canon S2? melvatoo 25 Jul 31, 2007 4:14 PM
Digital Camera for sale MiniSchnuz 31 Apr 5, 2007 9:53 PM
swimming hole Iluvposies 10 Oct 4, 2007 2:33 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America