Photo by Melody

Article: Trash to Treasure ~ Breathing New Life Into Your Garden Critters: (re)painting garden art

Communities > Forums > Article: Trash to Treasure ~ Breathing New Life Into Your Garden Critters
bookmark
Forum: Article: Trash to Treasure ~ Breathing New Life Into Your Garden CrittersReplies: 3, Views: 25
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
ifferd
Leola, PA

July 7, 2008
3:45 PM

Post #5217755

Be careful what you paint! The man's head you repainted looks very much like a bust of Michaelangelo's "David" that I purchased for $4 at a yard sale. When I looked it up online, it was worth about $40+ and that was over 5 years ago!
UniQueTreasures
Beaumont, TX
(Zone 8b)

July 7, 2008
8:41 PM

Post #5219320

Thanks for the warning. I paid 99 cents for mine at Goodwill. He's only about 6 inches tall. While I have purchased things like that and resold them, on ebay, etc. This particular statue, I never intended to resell, but just to enjoy him. Many times I find cool things like that that might have a nick in them. With paint, the flaw is concealed and I'm tickled pink, er, bronze, er, maybe it's copper. HAHAHAHA

ifferd
Leola, PA

July 8, 2008
4:41 PM

Post #5224063

I really enjoyed your article as I'm a big fan of "garden art." Keep up the good work!
UniQueTreasures
Beaumont, TX
(Zone 8b)

July 8, 2008
4:52 PM

Post #5224126

Thanks! I will. :-)

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Trash to Treasure ~ Breathing New Life Into Your Garden Critters Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Great article, again libellule 9 Jul 7, 2008 2:45 PM
Need help thinkin' "outside the box"... podster 9 Jul 7, 2008 8:38 PM
Three Thumbs up! Eufaula 3 Jul 5, 2008 5:38 PM
Pushing me... Sheila_FW 5 Jul 5, 2008 8:33 PM
Thanks for the article!!!! DriftingDude 4 Jul 8, 2008 10:30 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America