Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Article: Trash to Treasure ~ Breathing New Life Into Your Garden Critters: (re)painting garden art

Communities > Forums > Article: Trash to Treasure ~ Breathing New Life Into Your Garden Critters
bookmark
Forum: Article: Trash to Treasure ~ Breathing New Life Into Your Garden CrittersReplies: 3, Views: 25
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
ifferd
Leola, PA

July 7, 2008
3:45 PM

Post #5217755

Be careful what you paint! The man's head you repainted looks very much like a bust of Michaelangelo's "David" that I purchased for $4 at a yard sale. When I looked it up online, it was worth about $40+ and that was over 5 years ago!
UniQueTreasures
Beaumont, TX
(Zone 8b)

July 7, 2008
8:41 PM

Post #5219320

Thanks for the warning. I paid 99 cents for mine at Goodwill. He's only about 6 inches tall. While I have purchased things like that and resold them, on ebay, etc. This particular statue, I never intended to resell, but just to enjoy him. Many times I find cool things like that that might have a nick in them. With paint, the flaw is concealed and I'm tickled pink, er, bronze, er, maybe it's copper. HAHAHAHA

ifferd
Leola, PA

July 8, 2008
4:41 PM

Post #5224063

I really enjoyed your article as I'm a big fan of "garden art." Keep up the good work!
UniQueTreasures
Beaumont, TX
(Zone 8b)

July 8, 2008
4:52 PM

Post #5224126

Thanks! I will. :-)

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Trash to Treasure ~ Breathing New Life Into Your Garden Critters Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Great article, again libellule 9 Jul 7, 2008 2:45 PM
Need help thinkin' "outside the box"... podster 9 Jul 7, 2008 8:38 PM
Three Thumbs up! Eufaula 3 Jul 5, 2008 5:38 PM
Pushing me... Sheila_FW 5 Jul 5, 2008 8:33 PM
Thanks for the article!!!! DriftingDude 4 Jul 8, 2008 10:30 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America