Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Article: Fooled You Jalapeno Peppers--A Painless Flavor Sensation: Thank you!

Communities > Forums > Article: Fooled You Jalapeno Peppers--A Painless Flavor Sensation
bookmark
Forum: Article: Fooled You Jalapeno Peppers--A Painless Flavor SensationReplies: 7, Views: 45
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
leaflady
Hughesville, MO
(Zone 5a)

July 8, 2008
1:10 PM

Post #5222738

Where do you find the seeds for these peppers? Like you, I like the flavor of the hot peppers but the burn and sting of the hot ones just ruin meals for me. My mouth is very sensitive to anything spicey, hot, etc. I can finally tolerate cold which thankfully helps with the pain that is usually there from eating anything from sugar to salt and anything in between. Maybe I can finally enjoy a 'hot' pepper.
ottoson
Yucca Valley, CA
(Zone 9a)

July 8, 2008
4:02 PM

Post #5223774

www.nicholsgardennursery.com
www.reimerseeds.com
www.swallowtailgardenseeds.com

I haven't ordered from any of the above companies, but they all carry Fooled You seeds. We found plants this year at our local market, so I think they are catching on!
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

July 8, 2008
6:53 PM

Post #5224929

Nice article, Nanci.
Thanks
woofie
Chewelah, WA
(Zone 5a)

July 8, 2008
7:01 PM

Post #5224974

Thank you, thank you! I love jalapenos, but it isn't my mouth they bother! I'm definitely going to try these next year.
DonShirer
Westbrook, CT
(Zone 6a)

July 8, 2008
7:53 PM

Post #5225234

I grew these for the first time last year. They are useful for pranks on dedicated pepper fanciers. A few of mine got black spots on them, but we ate them anyway and they tasted the same.

carrielamont

carrielamont
Milton, MA
(Zone 6a)

July 8, 2008
9:07 PM

Post #5225566

Wow - I'm not the only pepper wimp in the whole world! If only I were better at growing veggies!!! Thanks for an informative article!
glendalekid
Tuscaloosa, AL
(Zone 7b)

July 8, 2008
10:25 PM

Post #5225961

I personally have never understood eating food so spicy that you cannot taste anything else. So, I guess I'm a wimp, too. I did recently read about these, and I'm sure going to give them a try. Thank you for the article validating that they really are flavorful without the heat.

Karen

ottoson
Yucca Valley, CA
(Zone 9a)

July 9, 2008
6:03 AM

Post #5227984

I don't get it either on the spicy food Karen...my hubby loads so much hot stuff on his food I tell him he could just as well be eating cardboard and never know the difference, but he insists he tastes the food through all that spicy stuff.

Thanks, all of you, for your comments...let me know how you like them if you give them a try! :)

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Fooled You Jalapeno Peppers--A Painless Flavor Sensation Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Capsaicin Fear beebonnet 1 Jul 8, 2008 10:35 PM
Another non-hot pepper - Chilaca Bubba_MoCity 3 Jun 28, 2011 5:13 PM
I still don't know! karri_sue 1 Jul 9, 2008 5:52 AM
Love your information! gessiegail 1 Jul 9, 2008 5:51 AM
Mystery Peppers! Laboxkey 1 Jun 28, 2011 5:11 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America