Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: Annuals You Can Grow: Another Winner, of course!

Communities > Forums > Article: Annuals You Can Grow
bookmark
Forum: Article: Annuals You Can GrowReplies: 2, Views: 54
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Aunt_A

July 9, 2008
1:56 AM

Post #5227006

Enjoyed your article...what about that Red Sunflower???? Lovely! Wouldn't that look stunning in the middle of a bunch of yellow Sunflowers!
Love those yellow 4 O'clocks, too...do you remember Grandma's bright pink ones?
I want to grow those Nicotiana, too, if it will love my garden. I love things that take care of themselves. LOL
Aunt_A
gessiegail
Taft, TX
(Zone 9a)

July 9, 2008
4:44 AM

Post #5227871

I particularly love the white sylvelstris (sp?)nicotiana so tall and big...
Just loved all your ideas and I have to add one I can't live without in the winter months when surrounded by alyssum. That would be the old timer bellis perennes!
MitchF
Lindsay, OK
(Zone 7a)

July 11, 2008
8:37 PM

Post #5242638

Aunt A - I sure do they are stunning and I have some I grow just for those memories. The red sunflowers are the only ones I grow save a few white sunflowers - they area stunning mix and well you know us Sooner fans ;-)

gessie - Thank you - hard for me to think of any garden with out these flowers.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Annuals You Can Grow Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Castor Bean etc. - warnings of toxicity medinac 2 Jul 19, 2011 5:27 PM
Our castor bean plants mamajan42 2 Jun 18, 2012 6:26 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America