Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

Arrogant in bloom

Southern Dutchess Co, NY(Zone 5b)

Absolutely gorgeous! I love the bright red flowers. Are all of your pictures from the same plant? Your third pic seems to be pinker than the others....

Plumiedelphia, PA(Zone 7a)

Yup all from the same plant
Some of the flowers can be slightly different depending on the heat and amount of sun
Ive had purple flowers from this one too.

edited to say:
The purple hue comes with the intense August heat and humidity.
The petal edges remain black and she fades to red in the center.
The seller couldnt believe his eyes when I posted the purple hued flower blossom.

This message was edited Jul 10, 2008 8:53 AM

Southern Dutchess Co, NY(Zone 5b)

I love this plant! Did you grow it from seed or purchase it?

I bought it from http://www.Bradsbudsandblooms.com
I have many from Brad
All are excellent
I bought a huge Miss Japan from Chris @ Burriedtreasures and shes doing great too.

Valrico, FL(Zone 9b)

We have a guy in Texas that this is absolutely his favorite. I just brought in 14 8 year old specimen sized of these, and they're spectacular.

I prefer the 1000's Red & Purple, only because the throat is red as well, but this one is very popular.

Off to continue my planting. Received 3000 Euphorbia today and 1000 Adenium, along with some other odds and ends. Guess what my weekend looks like.

:-)

Great pictures.

Chris

Wow specimen sizes yum!!

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

that is a beaut. i dont have that one yet.
Chris, dont you dare get more adeniums that I dont have. I am running out of room. Byy the way, the speciman one that I got from you, I think Miss India, is doing great.

Valrico, FL(Zone 9b)

You're just going to have to move to a bigger place Lisa. :-)

We have a couple new varieties going up, but next year will be truly exciting. We'll have about 3-4 yellow varieties, along with some very cool purples, and hopefully a double or 2.

Chris

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

Well, I dont have a yellow one and I dont have a purple and I dont have a double. Sigh. Ah shoot, who needs grass.

Valrico, FL(Zone 9b)

Grass is just another weed, keeping an area green, until you can replace it with some really cool plants.

I agree lol!
Ive pulled all my grass out and have plants everywhere. ;)

Mountlake Terrace, WA(Zone 8a)

I just got back to this thread from Brad's Buds and Blooms. Just what I need, another eye candy website to spend money on.

But seriously, nice plants.

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

i've been planning to visit this place and then forgot all about it until now! thanks for the reminder.

Chris has great stuff.
My shopping cart is sitting full waiting for some pc equipment to sell off lol!!

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

there was an article in our local paper about this place and i clipped it out. you know how that goes. it ends up in a pile of papers that never sees the light of day again! lol

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.