Lone Star Gourd Festival 2008

Whitsett, NC(Zone 8a)

This year the festival is in Fredricksburg on October 18/19 . . . anyone planning on going?

Gilmer, TX

I'll see you there, Syrumani. I'm a member of East Texas Piney Woods in Longview, to which patch do you belong?

Whitsett, NC(Zone 8a)

I don't! I have not been able to find anything in less than an hours drive, and with gas prices nowadays . . . Looking forward to seeing you!

Crossville, TN

Dave might like to know about this...He loves gourds. Jo

Lumberton, TX(Zone 8b)

Hmmm... is there a website? I'd certainly consider it; that's right before my birthday and I'd LOVE to give myself something gourdish.

Whitsett, NC(Zone 8a)

brigidlily - here's the link for the website: http://www.texasgourdsociety.org/

That would be a bit of a drive for you, wouldn't it? I'd love the chance to meet you, though!

Crossville, TN

I met Bonnie Gibson at our Gourd Festival...she lives in Tucson. Such a nice lady. Jo

Lumberton, TX(Zone 8b)

Syrumani, it's probably a six hour drive or so. I've made it before. I'll have to give it some serious thought, though!

Whitsett, NC(Zone 8a)

What are the chances of you coming over, Jo? I know it's about a 12 hour drive . . . I'd really like to start meeting other DGers!

Crossville, TN

12 hours from where?

I have been invited to attend a RU in TX ...and am considering flying to either Dallas or Shreveport next year...but I love San Antonio.I stayed with MarilynTX one year and went to a RU in College Station. It was fun...Jo

Whitsett, NC(Zone 8a)

The middle bottom of Arizona?

Crossville, TN

OH! When my DH was living we used to drive from West Central Florida to Houston in one day...then on to Souther Arizona the next day. Hard trip though.

As Texans say...."The sun is riz, the sun is set...here we is in TXs yet!! LOL Jo

Lumberton, TX(Zone 8b)

miles and miles of nothing but miles and miles, as Red Skelton used to say!

Whitsett, NC(Zone 8a)

And here I complain about the 4-5 hour drive to Dallas . . .

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images