Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Article: Bug Poisons from a Veterinary Perspective: BT in the water garden

Communities > Forums > Article: Bug Poisons from a Veterinary Perspective
bookmark
Forum: Article: Bug Poisons from a Veterinary PerspectiveReplies: 1, Views: 20
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
greenthumbnails
Kissimmee, FL
(Zone 9b)

July 12, 2008
5:47 AM

Post #5245243

Thanks for writing this article. I was about to buy some BT for my water plants being ravaged by some type of caterpillar pests when i read your article and discovered that BT has the ability to kill fish. Not something I want to happen in my water garden. There are few things that can be used in the water garden due to inadvertantly killing fish or changing water quality. Neem oil has been recommended in articles by other authors on DavesGarden, and by my local aquatic landscaper. Do you have any other safe alternatives for use in aquatic gardens?

palmbob

palmbob
Acton, CA
(Zone 8b)

July 12, 2008
5:58 AM

Post #5245281

not and expert in the aquatic section... but most fish stores can answer those questions better (stores that deal in ONLY fish, not all pets).

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Bug Poisons from a Veterinary Perspective Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Thank You! melody 1 Apr 16, 2008 11:57 PM
I need more advice.... Stovall_Gardens 1 Apr 17, 2008 1:35 PM
Bug poisons NormaFlora 0 Apr 21, 2008 4:59 PM
Thanks for a very well done article. YodieCoyote 4 Apr 25, 2008 8:07 PM
TOXIC PRODUCTS durmar 1 Apr 22, 2008 2:19 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America