Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: Review: Joy of Gardening Cookbook: wonderful cookbook!

Communities > Forums > Article: Review: Joy of Gardening Cookbook
bookmark
Forum: Article: Review: Joy of Gardening CookbookReplies: 1, Views: 22
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
cathy4
St. Louis County, MO
(Zone 5a)

July 12, 2008
6:57 PM

Post #5247567

My copy just arrived in the mail this morning, and I've had a hard time putting it down. What a wonderful, basic how-to cook vegetables and fruits cookbook. It would be good for any beginning cook even if they don't grow their own produce. It has encouraged me to try a few vegetables that I didn't like as a child since it promises that if cooked correctly, the flavor will be great (my mother "creamed" an awful lot.) The section on using up old produce is great too, less waste just because something is a little wilted. A+ rating from me.
TexasTam
Plano, TX
(Zone 8a)

July 14, 2008
4:06 PM

Post #5257387

Cathy, I'm so glad you're enjoying Janet's cookbook! Thanks for leaving your comment.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Review: Joy of Gardening Cookbook Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
One less.. cathy4 4 Jul 7, 2008 8:43 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America