Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: Garbage Gardening: Grow a Pineapple Fruit Tree Plant!: My Pineapples

Communities > Forums > Article: Garbage Gardening: Grow a Pineapple Fruit Tree Plant!
bookmark
Forum: Article: Garbage Gardening: Grow a Pineapple Fruit Tree Plant!Replies: 2, Views: 37
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
BlueGlancer
South/Central, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 15, 2008
4:05 PM

Post #5263023

Hi Jeremy, nice article. : ) You did a great job.

I grow pineapples here in 9a, and have very good luck with them. I just let the top of the pineapple dry out a couple of days, and stick it in the ground. Most of the time, I don't even take care of them, and the next thing I know, there's a pineapple. So easy, almost too easy. Occasionally, a frost will knock them back alittle, but they usually recover.

Here is one I just got out of the yard yesterday. 7/14/08

Thumbnail by BlueGlancer
Click the image for an enlarged view.

JaxFlaGardener
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

July 15, 2008
8:45 PM

Post #5264354

Thanks, BlueGlancer, for sharing your photo! I think your pineapple gets the "Blue Ribbon" for the finest I've seen grown in a home garden.

I recently had a pineapple top that I cut off and put in the ground and thought I had lost it because most all the leaves dried up. It is, however, now beginning to form new green leaves. The pineapple plants are amazingly resilient. As you said, they really take care of themselves when planted in the right location.

Jeremy
BlueGlancer
South/Central, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 15, 2008
9:19 PM

Post #5264521

You are welcome, Jeremy. : ) It was a pretty one. I can hardly wait till it finally gets ripe. Probably, will be ready to eat in 3 or 4 days. Maybe, I'll make an upside down cake out of it. Yum-Yum : )
~Lucy

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Garbage Gardening: Grow a Pineapple Fruit Tree Plant! Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
growing pineapples ringbearer31 11 Dec 31, 2010 7:46 AM
Golden gardening opportunities... podster 8 Oct 8, 2007 11:33 PM
Pot size? imapigeon 3 Oct 15, 2007 1:49 AM
Pineapples billowen 0 Oct 8, 2007 8:37 PM
My pineapple pic Islandshari 9 Oct 12, 2007 4:04 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America