Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: Cover a Chain-Link Fence in No Time Flat: LP Gas Tank eyesore

Communities > Forums > Article: Cover a Chain-Link Fence in No Time Flat
bookmark
Forum: Article: Cover a Chain-Link Fence in No Time FlatReplies: 3, Views: 47
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
yhtak
Ider, AL
(Zone 7a)

July 23, 2008
1:05 PM

Post #5306468

I love the chain link fence ideas but I've never seen anyone address the issue of gas tanks. I have one at the edge of my back yard flower garden. When entering the backyard through a trellis covered walkway, you're faced with the end of this thing. I've planted a rose bush in front of it and have a bed growing with cana and spiderwort on the way to it but you can still see the silver thing.
Any ideas would be appreciated, other than removal or burying which would put my husband into cardiac arrest.
Thanks,
Kathy
gailadams
Hot Springs National, AR

July 30, 2008
4:23 PM

Post #5344016

Can you paint it a color that will help it blend/fade into the foliage - like green or black?
yhtak
Ider, AL
(Zone 7a)

July 30, 2008
4:30 PM

Post #5344049

I'm not sure, I think they paint them silver to reflect the sun so they don't get so hot. I'll have to call the gas company and see.
gailadams
Hot Springs National, AR

July 30, 2008
4:39 PM

Post #5344079

Oh. Didn't think of that. I've seen some free-standing trellis that maybe you could put in front of it. Always a challenge!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Cover a Chain-Link Fence in No Time Flat Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
The Dread Chain Link! Jungleman 9 Sep 6, 2011 10:59 AM
what is the middle monochromatic - warm? seanandkaren 2 Jul 14, 2008 10:58 AM
Great read! DriftingDude 1 Jul 15, 2008 4:43 AM
Vines plantgirl1 1 Jul 15, 2008 4:43 AM
Getting rid of those darn mealy bugs... BevBoudreaux 2 Sep 5, 2011 5:52 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America