Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: Solomon's Seal: OK, I know now what this country needs..

Communities > Forums > Article: Solomon's Seal
bookmark
Forum: Article: Solomon's SealReplies: 5, Views: 29
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
PaulFromAL
Piedmont, AL
(Zone 7b)

July 26, 2008
4:35 PM

Post #5322771

We need to find somebody not exactly like Aunt Bett (cause I know there was only one) but pretty darn close and run her for president...We couldn't do any worse and I'd bet we'd do a lot better by far...So with your permission Sharon, I'm nominating myself as chairman of the steering committee to steer someplace and find somebody that has common sense like Aunt Bett's, values like Aunt Bett's and a world view somewhat like Aunt Bett's...

OK, it was mighty quick search, I nominate Sharon Brown for President!!!!...Do I hear a second?...:)

I love you stories and this one was a good one especially for clueing us all in on Aunt Bett's 'universal outlook' if you will...I bet she had her own list of commandments that may or may not have totaled 10...I'd like to have know what they were...I bet you could shed some light on that...Again thanks for the story...

Paul from Alabama

Paul from Alabama
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

July 26, 2008
6:27 PM

Post #5323149

Too funny, Paul, too funny.
Love your outlook, and your humor, always.
Thank you.
Sharon
4paws
Citra, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 29, 2008
6:03 AM

Post #5336623

You hear a second!
I like that expression, "universal outlook" - now I know what I have, rather than religion. Thanks, Aunt Bett and Sharon. Excellent story!

(I have a lot of False Soloman's Seal around my place; I wonder if it can be used the same?)
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

July 29, 2008
6:36 AM

Post #5336655

4paws...you sure are up late!!
Thanks for reading the story...I really am glad you understood it. Don't really know about false Solomon's Seal, maybe I will check it out for you.
And thank you for writing, made my day!
Sharon
4paws
Citra, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 29, 2008
2:59 PM

Post #5338001

So many things to learn and explore, it's hard to go to sleep sometimes, especially when I don't have a particular time I must be up in the morning.

I especially appreciated Aunt Bett's reaction to the cave paintings - to see right off that something was missing and to so deeply understand how we are all connected.

Plus...the concept that if you have something to share to benefit others, you must do it,
"She believed that each of us had the responsibility to take what we had been given and use it to be of help to others." This is part of my belief system, too. It has nothing to do with religion or what someone else tells you you must do, it's innate.

Paul, I didn't mean to detract from your nomination! :-)
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

July 29, 2008
3:11 PM

Post #5338044

Good Morning, 4paws,
Nice to hear from you again. You would have enjoyed knowing Aunt Bett. She had a lot of beliefs that didn't always fall within the "norm", but she stayed true to herself and her beliefs, always. I could not have asked for a better role model.
Thank you for writing.
Sharon

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Solomon's Seal Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
I can picture it now libellule 28 Jul 23, 2008 2:40 PM
Oh Gosh! Seedtosser1 7 Jul 22, 2008 6:44 PM
I love her! Mrs_Ed 1 Jul 23, 2008 2:50 AM
Very Good! nanny_56 1 Aug 5, 2008 11:40 PM
Aunt Bett GEENP 1 Aug 7, 2008 7:31 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America