Photo by Melody
We rolled out several small fixes on January 29. If you encounter any problems, please report them in the designated thread in the DG Site Updates forum.

Article: Ornamental Elderberries: Black Lace Elderberry

Communities > Forums > Article: Ornamental Elderberries
bookmark
Forum: Article: Ornamental ElderberriesReplies: 2, Views: 119
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
momof2labs
Fredericksburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 28, 2008
11:00 AM

Post #5331057

Wonderful article! I purchased this from a nursery in June 08 because of the interesting foilage. I was pleasantly surprised to read of the side benefits of the berries after I brought it home. I'm in zone 7 (Fairfax, VA outside of Washington, DC) and it's thriving in our hot, humid summer.
wendymadre
Petersburg, VA

July 31, 2008
2:12 AM

Post #5346577

I live in Zone 7 (Petersburg, Virginia) and I recently bought a black laceleaf elderberry in a two-gallon pot. It wasn't an entirely impulsive purchase, as I had read about elderberries for a while and wanted the variety of foliage in my mixed border. Then, once I'd brought it home, I wondered if it was going to be too large. From what you wrote, I feel encouraged to go ahead and plant it and prune it. Thanks for the information and an enjoyable article.
evie_beevie
Essex Junction, VT
(Zone 4a)

August 1, 2011
1:43 PM

Post #8730080

wendymadre - I live in zone 4 and my black lace elderberry takes cutting back very well. One year after a tree fell on it, it had 3 small stubs left and it came back the next year no problem. In fact, it is quite the grower and I cut it back however I want with no issues.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Ornamental Elderberries Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Great Article! pelletory 6 Aug 1, 2011 1:45 PM
more on Sambucus I_LOVE_ROSES 0 Aug 9, 2008 3:01 PM
Black lace elderberry "tree" owgii 1 Oct 24, 2008 10:11 AM
Elderberries hillsidegardens 1 May 2, 2009 6:35 PM
Elderberry windsocklady 0 Aug 1, 2011 6:58 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2015 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America