Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

Potato leaves turning yellow

Black Creek, WI

why are they turning yellow and what can I do to prevent it? they are red potatoes, planted in mid May, hilled up around the plants and looked beautiful before the leaves turned yellow.
Thanks in advance

Black Creek, WI

anyone?????

Indianapolis, IN(Zone 5b)

Do you have any idea how long that variety is supposed to take until harvest? I read that you can get some that mature in as few as 65 days, so maybe it's time to dig the tators? When the vines die due to natural causes, they should be ready.

Black Creek, WI

I better check that out. Will it still be alright after sitting in the ground without leaves for a few days?

Should be fine, yeah.

I'm getting super curious now. :o) Maybe you should poke around in there and see if you can find one that's ready to eat.

Black Creek, WI

I dug it up and got 3 egg sized potatoes and a few that were about the size of grapes.

sorry to hear that. seems like a lot of people have had that happen but can't figure out why.

Clarkson, KY

Haven't you had a lot more rain, cooler weather, less sun than usual? They sound like they could just be anemic, too much of the wrong weather to grow well...

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.