Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Article: More Plants for Less Money 2: Dividing Your Perennials: Thanks for the information!

Communities > Forums > Article: More Plants for Less Money 2: Dividing Your Perennials
bookmark
Forum: Article: More Plants for Less Money 2: Dividing Your PerennialsReplies: 1, Views: 9
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
orellum
Deland, FL

July 29, 2008
8:47 PM

Post #5339588

What a great article. I have always dabbled with house plants since we were in the Air Force and moved every 3 years. Now that we have retired and built a home, I am experimenting with planting all of my flower beds myself! There is nothing better than rescuing a plant that is on clearance and watching it thrive , than receiving some FREE from friends and family! Thanks to Dave's Garden site, others have helped me identify all of the plants that I have so far. I am making a binder (sort of a journal I guess) of each one, that will describe what it is, how to propigate it and where to plant it, along with a picture of what it looked like on the day it was planted, and one later on as it matures. The internet is a great thing! Here is a picture of African Iris plants I received from a friend. Several more are in another flower bed. I have planted blue daze between them since this photo was taken and many other plants on the left. There are a few spiderwart plants I found along side the road and incorporated them here and there. I seem to have a color scheme of blue's and pinks right now. Again...Thanks to everyone on DG for all of the information you continue to share!...Jean

Thumbnail by orellum
Click the image for an enlarged view.

sallyg

sallyg
Anne Arundel,, MD
(Zone 7b)

July 30, 2008
12:25 AM

Post #5340592

Thanks for writing, Jean. I'm sure all of the writers are glad to be a little part of your excitement about the garden.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: More Plants for Less Money 2: Dividing Your Perennials Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
well explained Dutchlady1 10 Jul 28, 2008 9:37 PM
Excellant! pagardener61 3 Jul 27, 2008 1:10 PM
Thank you for a great article! Bookerc1 9 Jul 29, 2008 3:55 AM
Good Job! rocky59 1 Aug 2, 2008 2:03 AM
Heuchera ACWinOH 0 Oct 28, 2008 5:01 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America