Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Article: I Say Love It Is a Flower: Inspiring

Communities > Forums > Article: I Say Love It Is a Flower
bookmark
Forum: Article: I Say Love It Is a FlowerReplies: 8, Views: 59
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
grampapa
Wheatfield, NY
(Zone 6a)

July 31, 2008
10:53 AM

Post #5347522

Ben, what a lovely and touching story. Thank you so much for sharing it.
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

July 31, 2008
12:23 PM

Post #5347761

A beautiful story indeed! Thank you for sharing it!

Marilyn
cathy4
St. Louis County, MO
(Zone 5a)

July 31, 2008
1:35 PM

Post #5348065

You've touched my heart and made me smile today, thank you.
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

July 31, 2008
9:13 PM

Post #5349905

Beautiful, and one of my favorite songs.
Thank you.

nanny_56

nanny_56
Putnam County, IN
(Zone 5b)

July 31, 2008
9:20 PM

Post #5349934

That is such a sweet memory for you and your wife to share, and a wonderful story to share with your children!
BennysPlace
Beverly Hills, CA

July 31, 2008
9:48 PM

Post #5350049

Hello grampapa - I thank you kindly. It was such a wonderful and unique thing to happen on our wedding day. This is one of the most personal reasons why I garden because I feel connected to each and every bit of life that graces my garden. As I mentioned, plant life responds to us and our emotions and what a blessing to have a demonstration of that connection on that day.

Hi Marilyn - Thank you so much. An absolute pleasure to share. I am so happy you enjoyed it and found it inspiring.

Hi Cathy - And you just made ME smile! ^_^ Thank you for your kind words.

Hi there Sharon - I thank you so much for your kind words. It is one of my all time favorite songs. I realize I have a lot of catch up reading to do of your stories. I am in Asheville North Carolina as of tomorrow for some training. I will catch up then!

Hi Nanny - It is an absultely wonderful memory. You are so right. A relative filmed our entire wedding and we still get choked up when that part comes up.

I wish each of you the very best and I pray your own gardens are a source of inspiration.

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

July 31, 2008
11:39 PM

Post #5350417

Sweet story Ben, thank you!

darius

darius
So.App.Mtns.
United States
(Zone 5b)

August 1, 2008
12:25 AM

Post #5350563

Lovely!
John Muir said: "When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world."
KyWoods
Melbourne, KY
(Zone 6a)

August 1, 2008
3:47 AM

Post #5351835

I had no idea this article was going to be so powerful. What a wonderful tribute the rose bush offered! I love this story.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: I Say Love It Is a Flower Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Laura Bush Rose writerdeman 2 Apr 13, 2010 9:51 AM
The Rose gardengirl86 0 Jan 7, 2013 4:33 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America