Hard to believe how time has flown, but the16th DG annual photo contest has begun! Find the details here. Best wishes to all the entrants!!!

My Pesto Basil from a local dg'er!!

Pensacola, FL(Zone 8b)

Well this one women that I have become friends with gave this cutting it was in a 4 inch pot now it is in a decorative pot that i made a few years back and it is now starting to grow.

Thumbnail by pensacolagarden
Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Looks great! Pinch those tips (especially that one at the back -- yum on a few slices of fresh tomato) and it'll bush out and grow even better!

Corte Madera, CA

Congratulations! It's amazing what a basil leaf or two can do to a sandwich or plate of pasta. Critter, if only my tomatoes are ripe already...

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

I picked my first "breaker" today!

Cumberland Mtns, TN(Zone 6b)

Oh.....I had my first fresh picked basil today also. ^_^ (just plain sweet basil) I mixed rasberry basalmic vinegar with olive oil, threw in salt and pepper and then.....made a chiffonade of the basil (with the basil? ) then poured that over a coursely chopped tomato and cucumber; both from the garden. (my vocabulary is fading, I say)
(in any event, thanks to this Forum, I learned the name for what I had been doing for years...chiffonade =)

mmmmm......all I needed was a loaf of french bread and a nice dry red wine. it's ok.....life IS still good.

Pensacola, FL(Zone 8b)

Sounds good to me nanniepb

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.