Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Article: I Grew This!: looks yummy

Communities > Forums > Article: I Grew This!
bookmark
Forum: Article: I Grew This!Replies: 4, Views: 38
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

onewish1

onewish1
Denville, NJ
(Zone 6b)

August 3, 2008
9:55 AM

Post #5361483

I am so with you on this one... with the price of food going up with the fuel prices... I couldn't resist buying 4 watermelon plants for $1.99 at a local nursery... I figured even if I get 1 or 2 out of those... I am ahead of the game
Dea
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6a)

August 3, 2008
11:56 AM

Post #5361671

Nice looking melon - great job!
UniQueTreasures
Beaumont, TX
(Zone 8b)

August 3, 2008
1:03 PM

Post #5361848

This is my first year to grow watermelons too. I've got one that looks like it's just about ready to pick. I think I'll cut it today and put it in the fridge while I have the room to do so. I hope mine is as good as yours.

Janet

Thumbnail by UniQueTreasures
Click the image for an enlarged view.

carrielamont

carrielamont
Milton, MA
(Zone 6a)

August 3, 2008
2:04 PM

Post #5362058

I'm trying, I'm trying, but I don't think we have enough sun and I don't know of any SHADE vegetables!! My daughter (age 17) bought a pepper plant or two at HD and peppers are just falling off her plant now.
pajaritomt
Los Alamos, NM
(Zone 5a)

August 3, 2008
11:40 PM

Post #5364392

I think it is great that the country is returning to vegetable gardening. It is good for the body and the soul. I like to grow vegetables and flowers and fruit and herbs. Nothing tastes as good as home grown. Thanks for putting encouragement out there for the rest of the gardeners on DG.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: I Grew This! Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
gardening surge here woodspirit1 9 Aug 8, 2008 8:48 AM
Benny, you are an insperation! newhobby 7 Aug 6, 2008 4:23 AM
WowJust beautiful beebonnet 4 Aug 27, 2011 4:51 PM
What a Melon! azrobin 2 Aug 6, 2008 4:28 AM
Excitement gardenwife 1 Aug 6, 2008 1:53 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America