Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: I Grew This!: Excitement

Communities > Forums > Article: I Grew This!
bookmark
Forum: Article: I Grew This!Replies: 1, Views: 14
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
gardenwife
Newark, OH
(Zone 5b)

August 4, 2008
1:07 AM

Post #5364789

I can so relate to you, Benjamin! Yesterday, I noticed my first red tomato of the season on one vine. It's not quite ripe yet, but oh how I've crowed about it. :) When I first noticed it, a couple of women were walking their dogs past our house. I saw that blushing fruit and exclaimed, "Oh, hey! There's a red one!", more to myself and God than anyone else -- they just happened to be walking by when I looked down and saw it. One of the women laughed and said, "I do the same thing!".
BennysPlace
Beverly Hills, CA

August 6, 2008
1:53 AM

Post #5374719

Hey there gardenwife, I must apologize for the late reply. It IS magical. I mean what we are doing used to be a way of life once upon a time but when this is not something we normally do, it is a wonderful, blessed experience. I reckon even those that grew fruit and veg year after year made an exclamation when they saw the first yield of the season. It is a sense of satisfaction and shear joy that no other person will understand until they themselves thrust their own hands into the earth and get something beautiful to come from it.

I thank you every so kindly for your comments and you keep growing and being inspired. Further, enjoy every bite of those home grown maters! Take care now, Ben

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: I Grew This! Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
looks yummy onewish1 4 Aug 3, 2008 11:40 PM
gardening surge here woodspirit1 9 Aug 8, 2008 8:48 AM
Benny, you are an insperation! newhobby 7 Aug 6, 2008 4:23 AM
WowJust beautiful beebonnet 4 Aug 27, 2011 4:51 PM
What a Melon! azrobin 2 Aug 6, 2008 4:28 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America