Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: A Star Trek Garden: Star Trekkie Garden!

Communities > Forums > Article: A Star Trek Garden
bookmark
Forum: Article: A Star Trek GardenReplies: 8, Views: 122
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
HORSEWOMAN3D
Elmendorf, TX

August 4, 2008
11:08 AM

Post #5366049

What a wonderful idea to combine the two loves!! I used to be 2nd in Command of a Starship in Corpus Christi, Texas! Now I am a Master gardner in San Antonio , Texas!! What fun!! It would be cool to do one with the Borg theme somehow or a Starship Enterprise look! May you and your garden "Long Long and Posper"!!!
tamberlin
Framingham, MA
(Zone 6a)

August 4, 2008
1:05 PM

Post #5366389

I love your Star Trek garden! I never knew so many plants (especially daylilies) had been named so. I was a complete nerd and bought a "Starship Enterprise" iris a couple of years ago. It is huge and beautiful. Since it blooms in the spring, it could be a great addition to your garden. Here is the info on it: http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/showimage/75412/
Will you be selling some of the Star Trek daylilies in the Marketplace in the future?
Deb
LTilton
Glen Ellyn, IL
(Zone 5b)

August 4, 2008
2:14 PM

Post #5366669

I hope Lindalee will come online and answer your questions.

And I'll bet she'll be interested in your iris!
koikat
Wichita, KS

August 4, 2008
2:32 PM

Post #5366740

I have a Star Trek hosta garden, plus I have the Starship Enterprise iris. Not being a daylily fan, I wasn't aware of all the Trekkie daylilies. I may have to consider a daylily bed now! Are you aware there's a "Vulcan" hosta, also?
LTilton
Glen Ellyn, IL
(Zone 5b)

August 4, 2008
2:47 PM

Post #5366804

This thread could become a great resource for sharing info!
TexasTam
Plano, TX
(Zone 8a)

October 31, 2008
4:46 PM

Post #5737042

"Fascinating" as Mr. Spock would say!

There is also a variety of leaf lettuce called "Vulcan" - it's a gorgeous, deep red...unlike Spock's green blood, I guess.
ownedbycats
Southern, NH
(Zone 5b)

October 31, 2008
5:07 PM

Post #5737103

you can never have too much Trek (nor dayliles)
Elizabethtown
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

July 31, 2009
7:21 PM

Post #6890257

There are also irises named "Star Fleet" and "Deep Space" and I'm sure we could find the dwarf variety of "Klingon Princess" amusing. I know this is an old thread but please forgive me as I came across it via google while looking at the Vulcan related daylily.

Roni
LTilton
Glen Ellyn, IL
(Zone 5b)

July 31, 2009
10:28 PM

Post #6891150

We like to keep the threads alive and often articles are reprinted to find a new readership.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: A Star Trek Garden Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
How cool is this? grampapa 0 Aug 4, 2008 1:29 PM
What a Coincidence! PrimroseSue 0 Aug 4, 2008 2:06 PM
My Star Trek garden redunicorn 5 May 26, 2013 5:54 AM
Trek Flowers thewoodlands 0 Aug 6, 2008 2:40 PM
very cool trekkie Lilies myplantseven 0 Aug 11, 2008 10:57 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America