Photo by Melody
PlantFiles is getting a new look! Just in time for spring, we're rolling out a new look for the best online plants database. It will also work with your smart phones and mobile devices, so now you can take it with you on garden center visits or botanical garden tours. Questions or comments? Please post them here.

Article: A Star Trek Garden: Star Trekkie Garden!

Communities > Forums > Article: A Star Trek Garden
bookmark
Forum: Article: A Star Trek GardenReplies: 8, Views: 122
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
HORSEWOMAN3D
Elmendorf, TX

August 4, 2008
11:08 AM

Post #5366049

What a wonderful idea to combine the two loves!! I used to be 2nd in Command of a Starship in Corpus Christi, Texas! Now I am a Master gardner in San Antonio , Texas!! What fun!! It would be cool to do one with the Borg theme somehow or a Starship Enterprise look! May you and your garden "Long Long and Posper"!!!
tamberlin
Framingham, MA
(Zone 6a)

August 4, 2008
1:05 PM

Post #5366389

I love your Star Trek garden! I never knew so many plants (especially daylilies) had been named so. I was a complete nerd and bought a "Starship Enterprise" iris a couple of years ago. It is huge and beautiful. Since it blooms in the spring, it could be a great addition to your garden. Here is the info on it: http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/showimage/75412/
Will you be selling some of the Star Trek daylilies in the Marketplace in the future?
Deb
LTilton
Glen Ellyn, IL
(Zone 5b)

August 4, 2008
2:14 PM

Post #5366669

I hope Lindalee will come online and answer your questions.

And I'll bet she'll be interested in your iris!
koikat
Wichita, KS

August 4, 2008
2:32 PM

Post #5366740

I have a Star Trek hosta garden, plus I have the Starship Enterprise iris. Not being a daylily fan, I wasn't aware of all the Trekkie daylilies. I may have to consider a daylily bed now! Are you aware there's a "Vulcan" hosta, also?
LTilton
Glen Ellyn, IL
(Zone 5b)

August 4, 2008
2:47 PM

Post #5366804

This thread could become a great resource for sharing info!
TexasTam
Plano, TX
(Zone 8a)

October 31, 2008
4:46 PM

Post #5737042

"Fascinating" as Mr. Spock would say!

There is also a variety of leaf lettuce called "Vulcan" - it's a gorgeous, deep red...unlike Spock's green blood, I guess.
ownedbycats
Southern, NH
(Zone 5b)

October 31, 2008
5:07 PM

Post #5737103

you can never have too much Trek (nor dayliles)
Elizabethtown
Hagerstown, MD
(Zone 6a)

July 31, 2009
7:21 PM

Post #6890257

There are also irises named "Star Fleet" and "Deep Space" and I'm sure we could find the dwarf variety of "Klingon Princess" amusing. I know this is an old thread but please forgive me as I came across it via google while looking at the Vulcan related daylily.

Roni
LTilton
Glen Ellyn, IL
(Zone 5b)

July 31, 2009
10:28 PM

Post #6891150

We like to keep the threads alive and often articles are reprinted to find a new readership.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: A Star Trek Garden Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
How cool is this? grampapa 0 Aug 4, 2008 1:29 PM
What a Coincidence! PrimroseSue 0 Aug 4, 2008 2:06 PM
My Star Trek garden redunicorn 5 May 26, 2013 5:54 AM
Trek Flowers thewoodlands 0 Aug 6, 2008 2:40 PM
very cool trekkie Lilies myplantseven 0 Aug 11, 2008 10:57 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2015 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America