Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Article: Penstemon: An introduction to species and cultivars: The "Move" from Tx. to Co.!

Communities > Forums > Article: Penstemon: An introduction to species and cultivars
bookmark
Forum: Article: Penstemon: An introduction to species and cultivarsReplies: 1, Views: 30
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
HORSEWOMAN3D
Elmendorf, TX

August 4, 2008
11:18 AM

Post #5366064

Suzanne, I am moving to Co. too and am in interested in the Master Gardener Program up there , but as yet haven't heard back from them up there in Denver. Wanted to know what plants I could take up there to live outside and which I am going to have to keep in containers! Yes I am digging up plants to take with me! Some of the furniture is going to have to stay behind!! I still prolly have about 6 months or so to go before I have to really worry about taking my "babies" up north. Any suggestions anyone!?!
art_n_garden
Colorado Springs, CO
(Zone 6a)

August 4, 2008
3:39 PM

Post #5367036

It's a big jump, that's for sure! You'd be surprised how quickly you fall in love with the plants that are hardy here... I thought for sure I'd never like my garden again as much I did in Texas, but that's not true anymore.

I have inquired about the Master Gardening program here, and found that they offer classes during the day on Thursdays in the Spring. So it seems you have to be retired, not work, or make your own hours to become a Master Gardener here. Too bad, because I've been looking forward to doing it for a long time.

I don't blame you about digging up your plants. If/when I move to another house here I will be digging every last one!! :) Give me a list of what you've got and I can tell you what will work and what won't. I have a pretty big container plant collection of things I couldn't bare to part with.
There's a Rocky Mountain Gardening Forum here that is pretty active and VERY well informed. You could start a thread over there to ask for help, as well. The weather and the mountains are worth it, you'll love it here!
:) Susanne

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Penstemon: An introduction to species and cultivars Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
New penstemon fan grampapa 3 Aug 5, 2008 12:43 PM
My 08 Penstemon jadajoy 4 Feb 14, 2009 5:46 PM
What a Variety! PrimroseSue 2 Aug 5, 2008 4:24 AM
Great informative article beebonnet 4 Aug 4, 2008 10:56 PM
SE penstemon hymenocallis 0 Aug 6, 2008 7:24 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America