Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Article: Penstemon: An introduction to species and cultivars: New penstemon fan

Communities > Forums > Article: Penstemon: An introduction to species and cultivars
bookmark
Forum: Article: Penstemon: An introduction to species and cultivarsReplies: 3, Views: 34
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
grampapa
Wheatfield, NY
(Zone 6a)

August 4, 2008
1:24 PM

Post #5366466

Wonderful article! I am new to the glories of penstemon. I included 'Husker's Red' and 'Pike's Peak Purple' in my winter sowing last winter and hoping to have some beautiful blooms next summer. Looking foward to exploring some of the species if I can find them.

Thanks for the great info...jan
art_n_garden
Colorado Springs, CO
(Zone 6a)

August 4, 2008
4:02 PM

Post #5367151

Thanks Jan, appreciate you reading. Aren't they amazing? Some of them are easier to start from seed than others. They are so tiny. If you find a native nursery/seed co., you could find some that are native to your part of the country.
I have Pike's Peak for the first time this year and I just love it, can't wait for it to get bigger. You might also like Elfin Pink and Rondo Mix too. :) Susanne
LeBug
Greenville, IN
(Zone 6a)

August 4, 2008
9:00 PM

Post #5368286

Thank for the article! I'm starting to enjoy different penstemons too and they are so beautiful, you'll love the huskers red, I have that one. I also wanted to thank you for putting the links in, made it easier to look the zones up :)

Lea

Starzz

Starzz
Newcastle, ON
(Zone 5a)

August 5, 2008
12:43 PM

Post #5371099

I had no idea there were so many varieties of Penstemon. I have only the Husker's Red. I will be on the lookout for others.
Thanks
Cheers,
Carol

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Penstemon: An introduction to species and cultivars Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
The "Move" from Tx. to Co.! HORSEWOMAN3D 1 Aug 4, 2008 3:39 PM
My 08 Penstemon jadajoy 4 Feb 14, 2009 5:46 PM
What a Variety! PrimroseSue 2 Aug 5, 2008 4:24 AM
Great informative article beebonnet 4 Aug 4, 2008 10:56 PM
SE penstemon hymenocallis 0 Aug 6, 2008 7:24 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America