Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: Penstemon: An introduction to species and cultivars: My 08 Penstemon

Communities > Forums > Article: Penstemon: An introduction to species and cultivars
bookmark
Forum: Article: Penstemon: An introduction to species and cultivarsReplies: 4, Views: 47
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
jadajoy
Newport News, VA
(Zone 11)

August 4, 2008
1:48 PM

Post #5366562

Smomeone sent me seeds in a swap for Penstemon which I wintersowed and they bloomed nicely on my patio. I almost hate to transplant them to the garden. I didnt know there were so many different kinds. Need to start seed swapping again :-) Great article!

These are the last of the blooms..

Thumbnail by jadajoy
Click the image for an enlarged view.

art_n_garden
Colorado Springs, CO
(Zone 6a)

August 4, 2008
4:14 PM

Post #5367192

Beautiful! Are those Cardinal Penstemon? Thanks for reading! Susanne
rebeccanne
Gold Beach, OR
(Zone 9a)

August 4, 2008
7:25 PM

Post #5367949

I love penstemon. You have given me some new ones to look for. I will HAVE to have that white one, so beautiful. Here on the S. oregon coast, if they are dead headed, they will bloom into December. Great article, I learned a lot about one of my favorite garden plants.
jadajoy
Newport News, VA
(Zone 11)

August 4, 2008
9:08 PM

Post #5368315

rebeccanne
Think I'll try deadheading to see if they bloom again here. Thanks.
astragalus
La Grande, OR

February 14, 2009
5:46 PM

Post #6138074

I am looking at this post several months later, but FYI wanted to note that the scarlet flowers in "jadajoy"s picture are Salvia, not Pentstemon. Also the Shrubby penstemon picture in the article is P. fruiticosus, not P. davidsonii.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Penstemon: An introduction to species and cultivars Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
The "Move" from Tx. to Co.! HORSEWOMAN3D 1 Aug 4, 2008 3:39 PM
New penstemon fan grampapa 3 Aug 5, 2008 12:43 PM
What a Variety! PrimroseSue 2 Aug 5, 2008 4:24 AM
Great informative article beebonnet 4 Aug 4, 2008 10:56 PM
SE penstemon hymenocallis 0 Aug 6, 2008 7:24 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America