Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: Watching Joe Pye Grow: delightful!

Communities > Forums > Article: Watching Joe Pye Grow
bookmark
Forum: Article: Watching Joe Pye GrowReplies: 12, Views: 70
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
lizrainey
San Mateo, CA
(Zone 9b)

August 5, 2008
11:24 AM

Post #5370839

hi shar, nice story started to giggle when aunt bett looked down at you for asking about joe.

postmandug

postmandug
Bardstown, KY
(Zone 6a)

August 5, 2008
1:28 PM

Post #5371256

Another good one as usual Sharon! Seems the KY people have taken over the articles today! 2 out of 3!!

Doug
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

August 5, 2008
3:58 PM

Post #5371982

Liz, thank you for reading and for commenting. Always a pleasure to hear from you.

Doug, Melody and I live about 10 miles apart, and she was one of my students a "few" years ago. As a matter of fact, she is the reason I am in DG. Nice to have students that are now my good friends.

Thanks for reading the article and for the comment. Will be fun to meet you in September.
Sharon
Desertdenial5
Tolleson, AZ
(Zone 9a)

August 5, 2008
4:10 PM

Post #5372039

Another awesome story!!! I cannot wait to meet your Aunt Bett some day!!
eyesoftexas
Toadsuck, TX
(Zone 7a)

August 5, 2008
6:00 PM

Post #5372653

You know what...I'll bet Aunt Bett was right on!!

"eyes"
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

August 5, 2008
6:07 PM

Post #5372687

Hello Marie,
I would love to have a chat with Aunt Bett as well, sadly enough she died in the 70's at 80+ years old. The more I write about her, the more I wish she was around to talk with. I have many questions now that I never asked then.

Eyes, so nice to hear from you. I like to think that she would fit right into this world today, with all her wit and wisdom. She truly was special.

Thanks to you both for reading and for commenting.
Sharon

This message was edited Aug 5, 2008 6:15 PM
twinkielee
Minden, LA

August 5, 2008
6:25 PM

Post #5372784

Great story as usual. Aunt Bett knew her business and I'd trust her doctorin' knowledge completely. I mean, it is the root of modern medicine (no pun intended). Joe Pye was probably what we call a placebo nowadays.
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

August 5, 2008
6:27 PM

Post #5372792

Hi Twinkie, nice to hear from you again.
I think you are probably right about the placebo, but I doubt if it was even a word in those days.
thanks for writing.
Sharon
art_n_garden
Colorado Springs, CO
(Zone 6a)

August 5, 2008
9:15 PM

Post #5373358

Really liked your story, Sharon. I look forward to knowing some of my students later in life- that's so neat about you and Melody.
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

August 5, 2008
9:21 PM

Post #5373378

I am sure it will happen for you, Suzanne...love of art makes it happen. Melody and I happen to love plants as well, so that is another connection.
Thanks for reading the article.
Sharon

nanny_56

nanny_56
Putnam County, IN
(Zone 5b)

August 5, 2008
11:14 PM

Post #5373843

Another great Aunt Bett story...and I think maybe we might get to meet Aunt Bett someday...I sure hope so! :)
4paws
Citra, FL
(Zone 9a)

August 5, 2008
11:48 PM

Post #5374059

Perhaps in writing you are having "conversations" with Aunt Bett, Sharon.

Interesting that watching JP grow was equated with doing nothing, since it seems it grew so fast,you could really see it grow, so never were they doing nothing. Just watching something grow is something, eh?

Nice story.I have some Joe Pye seeds - I don't know that I've seen it here.
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

August 6, 2008
12:04 AM

Post #5374153

I think you are right, 4paws, it seems she takes over my thoughts/memories at times. And you are right about watching Joe Pye grow, but of course I never took the time to slow down and "watch".

Thank you for taking the time to read this article. And I am glad you understand Aunt Bett, and me, so well.
Sharon

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Watching Joe Pye Grow Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Yes, Totally delightful again. Aunt_A 1 Aug 6, 2008 3:31 AM
a placebo? gloriag 1 Aug 6, 2008 3:18 PM
Lovely memory and story Kathygrneyes 1 Aug 14, 2008 12:24 AM
seeds of Jacob's ladder LyndaFarley 1 Oct 5, 2009 3:30 PM
My Joe joeyramone 2 Sep 12, 2011 1:24 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America