Photo by Melody

Article: I Grew This!: food comes from the store

Communities > Forums > Article: I Grew This!
bookmark
Forum: Article: I Grew This!Replies: 1, Views: 16
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Infrared
Middlefield, OH
(Zone 5b)

August 5, 2008
7:39 PM

Post #5373024

Benny,
I worked on an educational farm for five years and that was the usual answer I got even while standing in the middle of a garden with the class!! Unfortunately, the parents in the group knew little more than their children. I try not to get to depressed about it, since as you said, more and more people are growing their own food. It's better to laugh at their ignorance. For instance did you know that male and female dairy cows give milk?
BennysPlace
Beverly Hills, CA

August 6, 2008
1:35 AM

Post #5374628

Hi Infared,

I am excited about the future. I really am. There are schools here in Tucson which are creating gardens for the kids. And they LOVE it! I was the guest speaker at a kid's club meeting at the church where I work. They could not get enough of learning about how to grow things. We planted a tree and they are SO proud of it. As am I. I am going to do my part and get as many members of the younger generations excited about plants, gardens and educating them about the beauty of growing your own food.

I thank you kindly for your reply. I appreciate it. Now, here I go about to show my own ignorance, no, I did NOT know that male and femle dariy cows gave milk. I am one that believed only the females were the ones responsible. I learned something new today! Thank you! :-)

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: I Grew This! Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
looks yummy onewish1 4 Aug 3, 2008 11:40 PM
gardening surge here woodspirit1 9 Aug 8, 2008 8:48 AM
Benny, you are an insperation! newhobby 7 Aug 6, 2008 4:23 AM
WowJust beautiful beebonnet 4 Aug 27, 2011 4:51 PM
What a Melon! azrobin 2 Aug 6, 2008 4:28 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America