Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: I Grew This!: KILLING FIRE ANTS THE SAFE WAY

Communities > Forums > Article: I Grew This!
bookmark
Forum: Article: I Grew This!Replies: 3, Views: 40
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
JIMBO9510
Houston, TX

August 5, 2008
11:48 PM

Post #5374063

I HAVE A 52 ACRE FARM IN TEXAS AND A COUPLE OF WEEKS BEFORE THE GRANDKIDS COME I LOOK FOR THE ANT PILES AND SPRINKLE A GOOD HELPING OF INSTANT GRITS AROUND THE MOUND. BOOM THEY DIE AND THE LAND IS SAFE FOR THE KIDS TO PLAY. HOPE THIS HINT HELPS OTHERS.
BennysPlace
Beverly Hills, CA

August 6, 2008
1:28 AM

Post #5374596

Hi there Jim!

Nice one! Grits kills ants. I am always looking for organic tips to get rid of pests. I will add this to the list. Thanking you kindly for your comment to my article.

All the best,
Ben
Imdarealtor
Rohnert Park, CA

August 10, 2008
5:23 AM

Post #5393610

How is it that the grits get rid of the ants? Just curious as too how it works. Thank you in advance for your response!
Village_idiot
Alberta, AB
(Zone 3a)

August 23, 2011
4:30 PM

Post #8773522

Here in Canada we can't buy grits (to my knowledge). We use corn flour, which is basically the same thing.
The ants eat it. It swells up inside them and they burst. ( at least that's what I heard )

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: I Grew This! Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
looks yummy onewish1 4 Aug 3, 2008 11:40 PM
gardening surge here woodspirit1 9 Aug 8, 2008 8:48 AM
Benny, you are an insperation! newhobby 7 Aug 6, 2008 4:23 AM
WowJust beautiful beebonnet 4 Aug 27, 2011 4:51 PM
What a Melon! azrobin 2 Aug 6, 2008 4:28 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America