-
AuthorContent
Aunt_A

August 6, 2008
3:10 AM

Post #5375090

Mitch,

Loved this one too. Great job.

I have a Hardy Pink. It is so pretty and huge. I can't understand why some hate them...maybe just too common. Oh well, I don't baby mine and it keeps growing. I'll see if I can link a pic here for you.

Bought a Tropical for Grandma's Mother's Day present last year but it died in the winter. It was just splendid. Oh well, she got to enjoy it longer than cut flowers. (And so did the Hummers).

Love and Blessings,

Aunt April

Thumbnail by Aunt_A
Click the image for an enlarged view.

Aunt_A

August 6, 2008
3:12 AM

Post #5375099

BTW: Don't know if you can see it clear enough, but there are 2 Bumble Bees in pic; they about fought over that one!

Aunt April
MitchF
Lindsay, OK
(Zone 7a)

August 6, 2008
4:20 PM

Post #5377061

I have a pure white one from seed from the days at Race Track... soon it will be in the garden of a new pastors home :-)

Really stuning, I am working with cuttings right now of Rose of Sharons to get a hedge of them growing when we get a place.

Mitch
Aunt_A

August 6, 2008
6:50 PM

Post #5377544

Can you not keep the white one????

Lydia and Stephen have a pure white Rose of Sharon.

I have a couple of Rose of Sharon seedlings I can save for you if they don't get to big.

Blessings,

Aunt April
MitchF
Lindsay, OK
(Zone 7a)

August 6, 2008
6:57 PM

Post #5377556

Would love them! - I am keeping the white one - it will soon be in a new pastors yard - Mine!
Aunt_A

August 7, 2008
2:59 AM

Post #5379681

Oh...I get it now...LOL. It zipped right by me the first time.

Okay, they are still tiny right now. Once this 105 degree weather settles into a better pattern for awhile, I'll dig them up and pot them for you.

Blessings,

Aunt April
MitchF
Lindsay, OK
(Zone 7a)

August 7, 2008
3:23 PM

Post #5381481

Thank you - we have a purple here I can get you cuttings of in the spring that was planted by Esthers great grandfather. ROS root great form bud cuttings.

Mitch :-)
Aunt_A

August 8, 2008
1:53 AM

Post #5384062

Sounds great...now you'll probably have to remind me. Life is happening too fast. LOL I have some other seeds for you, too.

Aunt April
MitchF
Lindsay, OK
(Zone 7a)

August 8, 2008
3:01 PM

Post #5386117

Thank you :-)

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Hibiscus Native, Hardy, and Tropical Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Propagation Debsroots 7 Jul 18, 2013 6:17 PM
Cajun hibiscus Darmananda 3 Oct 13, 2009 1:37 PM
hibiscus no flowers outdoors? purplemomma 0 Oct 26, 2009 11:18 AM
Hibiscus called Fiery furnace mousegarden 0 Apr 29, 2014 2:33 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America