Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: Watching Joe Pye Grow: a placebo?

Communities > Forums > Article: Watching Joe Pye Grow
bookmark
Forum: Article: Watching Joe Pye GrowReplies: 1, Views: 24
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
gloriag
Floyd, VA
(Zone 6b)

August 6, 2008
12:36 PM

Post #5376073

Sharon, I got so excited when you were describing the medical effects because it is so common here. Really, I was very disappointed that there are no real benefits medically. However, you are quite right about its place in the garden. Right now I have about 10 plants to plant in the back of borders. I winter sowed them. From now on, I will always have them. I did notice that Bluestone perennials has a more intense color available so the plant has entered the breeding level. I love your description of the old men in front of the post office and the quaint "watching Joe Pye grow" saying. I think I will be doing a lot of that- literally. Again, a most informational and entertaining article!
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

August 6, 2008
3:18 PM

Post #5376796

Thank you, Gloria, I am glad you enjoyed the article and happier to know that you have Joe Pye growing in your yard. I am sure you will enjoy it. I noticed the intense colors that have come to be, but still, I like the original old week.
I do a lot of "watching Joe Pye grow", too...sometimes that's a good thing.
Sharon

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Watching Joe Pye Grow Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
delightful! lizrainey 12 Aug 6, 2008 12:04 AM
Yes, Totally delightful again. Aunt_A 1 Aug 6, 2008 3:31 AM
Lovely memory and story Kathygrneyes 1 Aug 14, 2008 12:24 AM
seeds of Jacob's ladder LyndaFarley 1 Oct 5, 2009 3:30 PM
My Joe joeyramone 2 Sep 12, 2011 1:24 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America