Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Hypertufa and Concrete: Steer Head Mold

Communities > Forums > Hypertufa and Concrete
bookmark
Forum: Hypertufa and ConcreteReplies: 5, Views: 94
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

August 6, 2008
10:35 PM

Post #5378397

Well, not really, but I found this at the tack store rubber steer head and decided it would work using the same principles that goldfinch4 used on the spheres..

these heads will make nice additions to the cactus garden here and maybe one stuck out on the road near the HWY we live on.. I may have to bolt it down..

Anyway I'll try this one soon and let you all know how it goes.

Thumbnail by Gourd
Click the image for an enlarged view.

Fish_knees

Fish_knees
Phoenix, AZ

August 7, 2008
1:53 PM

Post #5381042

That's too funny, what would one do with a rubber steer head? I mean besides pouring concrete in it?
Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

August 7, 2008
9:51 PM

Post #5383131

I have not a clue, they had at least 200 of them there... they look like they are mounted on bucking things... it is a little funny, they had another type also.. can't remember what it looked like, but this one, I'm going to try laying the quikwall over it like the sphere.. someone that owns cow farms probably know what they are for.
jojoringer
Joey in Conroe, TX
(Zone 8b)

August 8, 2008
1:13 PM

Post #5385714

LOL they use them to practuce roping. they mount them to hay bales or saw horses and can practice throwing the lasso over the horns. Mostly for Rodeo now I imagine, but heading and healing, the art of 2 cowboys working together, one lassoing the head and the other the back leg so they could stretch the animal out was used for branding at one time. They do make nice art objects though. I have one hanging in my son's "cowboy" themed room.

Fish_knees

Fish_knees
Phoenix, AZ

August 8, 2008
3:14 PM

Post #5386163

Okay, that makes sense ☺
goldfinch4
Ripon, WI
(Zone 4a)

August 8, 2008
3:16 PM

Post #5386179

Gourd, you're coming up with some great ideas! That will fit perfect in a cactus garden.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Hypertufa and Concrete Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Hypertufa Trough Mini Garden Buttoneer 16 May 22, 2007 6:02 AM
Mock Rock rootdoctor 38 Apr 16, 2013 1:45 PM
More Mock Rock rootdoctor 182 Oct 21, 2012 1:24 AM
Making rocks trois 188 Mar 26, 2013 10:44 AM
Hyper Tufa - Another Fountain meagert 34 Sep 17, 2008 11:09 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America