Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Article: Andrew's Ivy: A Legacy for My Son: so many memories

Communities > Forums > Article: Andrew's Ivy: A Legacy for My Son
bookmark
Forum: Article: Andrew's Ivy: A Legacy for My SonReplies: 3, Views: 17
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
digger9083
Dahlonega, GA

August 7, 2008
12:56 PM

Post #5380839

your son is so blessed to be born to a man that shares himself with his child . you are building a lifetime of memories for that little man to draw on when his own first child is born and later ,walking by his side. those memories will be there when your life is over and he needs the strength to be be young again in his mind . you are both so blessed .
BennysPlace
Beverly Hills, CA

August 8, 2008
2:27 AM

Post #5384237

Hi Digger,

Thank you for your kind words. I do believe I am creating memories he will call on in years to come. I am indeed very blessed. I shall take great delight in helping him in HIS garden one day.

Again I thank you and wish you nothing but the best of everything.
digger9083
Dahlonega, GA

August 8, 2008
3:54 AM

Post #5384507

thank you , i raised my only child , a son , in the country . with sticks in hand ,we turned over rocks , laid on our stomachs in the dirt looking at a world of insects , and other creatures that only a higher being could create .waded streams , always looking at whatever crossed our site .we spent hours on our backs looking at clouds ,stars ,and tree limbs to see what would move . i took him fishing and taught him to clean fish and game ,never taking the life of any creature that wouldn't nourish his body.taught him to shoot a rifle ,hand gun and made him a bow with arrows .i didn't know anything about gardening ,but my excuse is ,i was so young ,no experience .today , he is a fifty one year old man with a love and respect for family and the outdoors that i am so very proud of . you can say he is a good man . we're 1200 miles apart , but he calls at least once a week , so you see , we aren't ever too far apart .he says his mom taught him everything that was important in life and i want that for you and that handsome child you brought into this world . you'r story touched me so deeply that i had to share some of my and my sons growing up years . he will be your best friend , as mine is .
BennysPlace
Beverly Hills, CA

August 12, 2008
4:15 PM

Post #5404179

Hi Digger,

I apologize for the belated reply. I just wanted to tell you how much I loved reading these words. It is as if you have provided an answer for my strongest hopes and desires. I want my son to be a good man as your son is. It appears as if I am going about things the right way. I already feel like we are best friends and what a blessing if this is always the case. Thank you again and all the best to you.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Andrew's Ivy: A Legacy for My Son Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Wonderful tribute to your son UniQueTreasures 1 Aug 8, 2008 2:29 AM
You are an awesome Dad!! Desertdenial5 1 Aug 8, 2008 2:24 AM
Touching Article mametcalf 1 Aug 8, 2008 2:24 AM
A very warm hearted story kim11261 2 Aug 12, 2008 4:23 PM
What a warm & thoughtful story. jsschell 1 Aug 12, 2008 4:30 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America