-
AuthorContent
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 8, 2008
1:02 AM

Post #5383824

Hello and Welcome to the Flowerpot Cafe'. Join us for a cup of flowers!

We have 25 bare tables in here today, Please help us to decorate the cafe with your flowers ,teapots,vases,and cakes!

Thumbnail by terriculture
Click the image for an enlarged view.

mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

August 8, 2008
5:08 AM

Post #5384780

We came from here.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/870719/#new
weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

August 8, 2008
7:36 AM

Post #5385024

Hi All, Nice pics and lots of chats.
When I was 16, I had a baby! (actually, 5 days before I turned 17)
I haven't got any applicants, but might have a go at a handbag this weekend? How about you lot?
Nemesias and pansies for the table. Whoops, guess I should have put them in the vase, instead of just digging them out!

Thumbnail by weed_woman

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

August 8, 2008
11:36 AM

Post #5385303

Sue, now look at what you have done in the brand new cafe, went and got dirt all over the first brand new tablecloth. We shall forgive you though as the pansies are just beautiful LOL!

Star, hope you get in here and stop lolly gagging - you need to keep up with things especially since you missed the bash the other night. You would have had a blast, I can hear you laughing all the way over here. You surely don't want to miss anything from here on out.

Mittsy - I promise that I will get the pic of the zinnias ASAP. I actually took some photos the other evening but must have lost them in cyber space cause I now can't find them? These blonde moments are coming way to often!
mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

August 8, 2008
12:08 PM

Post #5385407

Those moments don't get any better when you're gray! I post my pictures in folders i have folders for
NY Plants
FL Plants
KY Plants
DG Garden
Arrangements
Currently under NY plants I have more folders for
annuals
bulbs
fruits
perennials
pond plants
trees and shrubs
vegetables

Under perennials I have more folders
astilbe
columbine
daylily
hosta
iris ( Jap. Sib. TB and LA)

Most of the time I can't remember what folder I put the photo I'm searching for in. Now would my picture be in Family or Trees and Shrubs? Hmmm, yep Trees.

Thumbnail by mittsy

starlight1153
Seale, AL
(Zone 8b)

August 8, 2008
3:24 PM

Post #5386211

Whew... The traffic was bad and traveling the airwaves, was rough today, but finally made it here and didn't come empty handed for once.

Since the main roads were blocked, I had to take a detour. drove through the city of gerber daisy, but only saw two folks hanging about , then got stopped in Petunia valley, for picking a couple of blooms. Since it so hot out, i decided to get a drink at Goldstrum's . While looking out the window saw a sale at the local Hosta store and couldn't pass up a bargin. Then just as I thought the roads were clear and would make it on time for a morning brunch, Lirope threw up a road block.

Rushing aroudn tryign to make sure I got here on time, has my mind all in a dither and my arrangement is just as much a bundle of jumbles of colors and textures.

Now to find Miss Squash and see if she got the coffee ready. : )

Thumbnail by starlight1153

ellesgh
Humansville, MO

August 8, 2008
4:26 PM

Post #5386457

i my hand bag not start yet
what size foam is take
any idea
elle
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 9, 2008
12:11 AM

Post #5388185

Hi everyone!
Thanks for doing the link mittsy, (our wiz kid on the computer). LoL!
Sue, Thanks for the lovely flowers, I'll find somewhere to plant them in our beautiful cafe gardens.
Everyone was making lame excuses saying the bag was too hard and beyond their capabilities LoL! Was thinking of doing a handbag thread for those willing to give it a try! BUT if your hearts not in it thats ok too!
Star, Thanks for starting us of with a lovely colourful vase of pretty flowers.
elle, depends how many leaves and flowers you have avaiable. 1 block is for a big handbag.
Bringing in a few vases...

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 9, 2008
12:13 AM

Post #5388201

Alstromeria

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 9, 2008
12:14 AM

Post #5388210

Lilies

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 9, 2008
12:18 AM

Post #5388228

Mizz Goldie Squash (our waitress) is late for work on her first day! Please ask her to put these vases around the cafe!

weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

August 9, 2008
8:02 AM

Post #5389488

oops, Totally forgot about the handbag! (mind like a sieve) Hi Mittsy, nice to see you! Will include a pic of me and a friend!
Nice vases Terri. I have been looking around, but haven't seen anything that particularly takes my fancy. DH bought me a really grose hand made pottery one, (god love him) that I have boxed away ready for donation to the op-shops. You'd need a pretty awesome bunch of flowers to take the attention from it, I can tell you!
Elle, I thought I'd actually get an old handbag from the second hand shop and dress it up? Do you think it will work?
Star, lovely bunch you have there, (flowers I mean) Sounds like you had a lovely detour!
Candee, I'm so sorry about the dirt, but I don't like to come empty handed all the time! I'll try better next time to keep it clean.
For Mittsy. This is me at Candees other plot!

Thumbnail by weed_woman

weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

August 9, 2008
8:03 AM

Post #5389490

See how slim my buttocks are? ROTFLMAO!
starlight1153
Seale, AL
(Zone 8b)

August 9, 2008
12:36 PM

Post #5389923

Terri.. If your making a bag, please, would like step by step instructions. Gotta wait to next week to start mine. Went to shed and only foam I foudn was thin sheets. Don't have any blocks, but found some silk flowers to try and work with mine.

I gotta figure out where I saw them smaller alstromia for sale at. Thought I wrote it down, but can't seem to find where I did it. really enjoying looking at them. Ya getting me hooked on a new flower. LOL

Oh wow! It's a BBQ! : )

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 9, 2008
12:57 PM

Post #5389970

Good morning all,
I have my SIL visiting, she brought me these lovely lilies. They can go in one of the alcoves over there to the right of the duke box.
Have a nice weekend, raining here again!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 9, 2008
1:01 PM

Post #5389981

Star, Here's the sugar cubes for your coffee!

Will start a new thread for the handbag with the instructions all together in one place... next week!

This message was edited Aug 10, 2008 12:35 AM

starlight1153
Seale, AL
(Zone 8b)

August 9, 2008
1:08 PM

Post #5390000

Cool!! I just got me another cup and was headign for the sugar bowl. Ya got that one right on time. Thanks! : )
ellesgh
Humansville, MO

August 9, 2008
2:46 PM

Post #5390362

thank-you all for help on the handbag
now how do you cut the foam
the picture does not show you
how
elle
any one got any other aniaml
elle
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 10, 2008
6:13 PM

Post #5395480

Hi everyone, just bringing in our new clock!

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

August 10, 2008
10:19 PM

Post #5396422

Wow you all have been busy.
Terri, nice clock, it is always 5 o'clock somewhere! Nice lilies, does your SIL live close and does she garden and arrange as much as you do? Lovely vases for all the tables. So do you think Ms. Squash can handle it, man it is hard to get good help these days.

Sue, believe you can thank me for those slim buttocks!

Mittsy you sure got your hands full , thanks for bringing it on. I posted the beautiful zinnia patch finally. Never did find the original photos, had to take more yesterday!

Elle, I think that you need to shape the foam to the size of the purse you want to make. Perhaps cut across the top then angle down part way on each side for the part just past the handle then straight down to the bottom? Sure you will loads of help from the thread when and/or if started.

Started a new theme arrangement, an inspiration of secret garden, too much Springsteen this past weekend LOL! I like it, lets see what you come up with, head on over.

Brought over my arrangements and added a bit of caladium

Thumbnail by haighr

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

August 10, 2008
10:21 PM

Post #5396428

Another angle, hope it looks good on one of the outside tables.

Thumbnail by haighr

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

August 10, 2008
10:50 PM

Post #5396544

Hodgepodge of mixed poseys for a table for one!

Thumbnail by haighr

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

August 10, 2008
10:53 PM

Post #5396562

Oh look here is little Abygail Grace trying to find her way from the garden path into the cafe, could somebody please lead the way for her, she is just a little thing and doesn't know her way around. Sue, Terri, she has met you gals, can you lend a hand please?

Thumbnail by haighr

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

August 10, 2008
11:04 PM

Post #5396601

Here is the link to the theme for this week - Secret Gardens - now I would love to see everyone join in as this was quite a lot of fun to make.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/888679/

mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

August 10, 2008
11:30 PM

Post #5396690

What are the purple flowers on the bottom of your mixed poseys arrangement? Is this the same?

Thumbnail by mittsy

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

August 10, 2008
11:42 PM

Post #5396735

Mine are campanula mittsy not sure if that is same as what you posted. Mine are more like a bell flower shape and hang down.
mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

August 11, 2008
8:33 AM

Post #5398166

I have a bad habit of planting seeds and not giving them enough time to germinate before dumping the pot. So I have "volunteer" seedlings sprouting in unusual places. I think my purple flowers might be one of them.

Thumbnail by mittsy

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

August 11, 2008
11:25 AM

Post #5398357

mittsy, that looks marvelous in contrast to that beautiful stone wall. May be an unusual spot but what a great location it turned out to be for your blue beauties.

mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

August 11, 2008
12:18 PM

Post #5398500

I think we have entered the Monsoon Season. It has poured off and on for several days and is raining right now and very, very dark skies. Sure looks like an all day rain. No gardening today, guess I'd better do some sewing. At least all of my transplants are getting watered.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 11, 2008
1:40 PM

Post #5398866

Hi Candee, Thanks for those two arrangements for the cafe, BEAUTIFUL! Looks nice with the Caladium added. Love the Hodgepodge totem arrangement, lovely colours together.
Hello Abygail Grace, lets go and see if we can find you something nice to eat while Grandma has her coffee!! Then after that we can go to the play area, there's a beautiful new slide for you to try.
I haven't seen Mizz Squash for a few days now!
Hi Mittsy, Nice campanula! I have a white one. I don't know where our summer has gone!!!! it's been raining here for days now. Hope we get some warm sunshine back soon. What sewing are you doing?
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

August 11, 2008
2:45 PM

Post #5399147

We could use some of that rain you folks are getting over our way. The humidity has dropped and so did the temps finally, been beautiful and in the low 80's the past few days and nice cool evenings. We had a fire in the outside fireplace on Fri n Sat nights and were wearing sweats as well.

Terri, glad you like those arrangements, I thought the caladium was a nice touch. Thanks for taking Aby for some chow, she loves her veggies so perhaps some nice fresh carrots. Wow, don't tell her about the slide until she has eaten, she has a one track mind!

Is it possible that Ms. Squash has run off with the plummer? I saw him in the restroom yesterday - he was installing those nice new sinks and faucets for us, you remember the shiny brass ones. I just poked my head in there and noticed that he has everything in place, but he didn't connect the water lines so we can't wash up back there. Looks like he left in quite a hurry, could have been Ms. Squash was over there flirting and got his undivided attention. I bet they went to the park or something!
mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

August 11, 2008
3:44 PM

Post #5399462

Thanks for the id on my CAMPANULA, gotta go look it up in Plant Files.
SW_gardener

(Zone 6a)

August 11, 2008
7:06 PM

Post #5400344

Oh NO!!! I missed Melonies performance and the opportunity to dance with her :(
I don't pop over for a few days and I miss all these big events!

Terri, that hot hot hot arrangement is hot! Maybe we should give Mizz Goldie Squash a chance...although I've heard leading sopranos can be a bit fussy...Maybe we should contact her agent and book a show?

Candee, I love your Dahlia and Zinnia in the dish!!! Sorry I wasn't there for the first dance, but I'll definitely be here when Mizz Goldie Squash hits the stage!

Heres a new arrangement I just made for the one of the tables. It's amazing what you can come up with even when there appears to be no flowers in your garden.

Steven
SW_gardener

(Zone 6a)

August 11, 2008
7:11 PM

Post #5400359

HAHAHAHAHA, after catching up on the new thread I see Mizz Goldie Squash isn't such a good singer as she said she was...

Steven

Argh, I was so distracted by all the new blooms I forgot to bring my own!

Thumbnail by SW_gardener

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 11, 2008
7:45 PM

Post #5400501

Hi Steven! That's such a delicate arrangement, Thank you. What is the foliage around the vase?
I thought you had gone away for a few days, the post was in the porch and I haven't seen any lights on. I came over for some sugar the other day LoL! You missed a good night, sure there will be more, just check the noticeboard.
SW_gardener

(Zone 6a)

August 11, 2008
8:11 PM

Post #5400625

Thanks Terri :) The foliage is Dichondra http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/56847/
I didn't get away but my nephew came to visit for a couple days so we took him out and about. We took him to the doughnut shop where he could actualy see the doughnuts getting made and he found it quite interesting...plus they gave us all a free doughnut :)

Steven
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 11, 2008
10:31 PM

Post #5401165

Nice plant! Doughnuts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love doughnuts. Do we have any doughnuts here tonight???????? yumm.
starlight1153
Seale, AL
(Zone 8b)

August 11, 2008
11:01 PM

Post #5401263

Oh.. Oh.. now ya did it ya had to mention donuts. I such a donut lover, I am easily bribbed to pull weeds and such for chocolate frosted cake donuts. There no good donut shops around here. The thought of donuts makes me miss home.

Steven, can;'t tell what is the burgandy flower in your arrangemnt. That pretty.

LOL... Love the child. What a lovely young girl and even better that she likes flowers. If Ms. Squash don't show back up, maybe she can go around and pick the wilted flowers up.

All them caladiums I got growing, didn't think about using them for foliage. Thanks for the idea. : )

SW_gardener

(Zone 6a)

August 11, 2008
11:11 PM

Post #5401301

Mmm, sooorry Terri :( the last doughnut got finished off this morning.
I wish I had of saved some to bring with me to the cafe tonight! However...I did bring some oatmeal rasin cookies!

Star, the burgundy flowers are ivy geraniums, heres another picture from a different angle.

Steven

Thumbnail by SW_gardener

SW_gardener

(Zone 6a)

August 11, 2008
11:12 PM

Post #5401304

and here's the cookies ;)

Thumbnail by SW_gardener

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 11, 2008
11:21 PM

Post #5401328

Hi Star and Steven, well, Thanks for the cookies! I counted 11 so thats 3 each if no-one else comes in tonight,
(better save a couple)! Are they homemade Steven? they do look good.
SW_gardener

(Zone 6a)

August 11, 2008
11:33 PM

Post #5401367

Thanks Terri! yes, they are homemade but sadly the only real cookies left in the house are storebought...So lets hope no-one else shows up so we can each have 3! :D
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 11, 2008
11:44 PM

Post #5401404

How many you got left? ... soon no-one will even know we had them all LoL!
kqcrna
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6a)

August 12, 2008
12:28 AM

Post #5401556

Here's one for you.

Karen

Thumbnail by kqcrna

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 12, 2008
12:38 AM

Post #5401589

WoW! Welcome to the Flowerpot cafe' Karen, A lovely vase of beautiful flowers, are they from your garden? I can tell you have 'arranged' before, such a fantastic shape!
Thank you! You arrived just in time, there are 2 cookies left!
The tables are filling up nicely, it smells bloomin' wonderful in here!
kqcrna
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6a)

August 12, 2008
1:28 AM

Post #5401780

Sweet, terri. Yes, they're flowers from my garden in early summer. I like to bring flowers into the house, usually I just stick flowers in a vase, nothing special. That one did come out especially well.

Karen

Thumbnail by kqcrna

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 12, 2008
1:55 AM

Post #5401914

Ohh so nice to have a new friend come in the cafe with pretty flowers!
Will you dry the Hydrangeas? Karma will lurve them.

What can I get you to drink? First drink is on the house, we have teas, coffees, cocktails, beers, ice cream, selection of cakes,vegetarian Sushi,kebabs, fruits,pasta,stuffed peppers and a whole lot more!

Mizz Squash (our waitress) will be here soon! or she's sacked!!!!!!!!!!!
kqcrna
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6a)

August 12, 2008
2:04 AM

Post #5401969

Bud Light, thanks.

I like coffee, but it's way too close to bedtime.

Karen
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 12, 2008
2:08 AM

Post #5401987

Cheers!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 12, 2008
2:23 AM

Post #5402066

I've got a pillow waiting for my head, so I'll say goodnight and nice meeting you! Thanks for the arrangements.
There will be fresh coffee tomorrow if you call in. LoL.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 12, 2008
2:46 AM

Post #5402192

OOOOpppppss! better brush up those cookie crumbs before Candee gets here!
SW_gardener

(Zone 6a)

August 12, 2008
4:09 AM

Post #5402554

Hi Karen! It's always nice when someone new stops by. I live just across the street from the cafe so feel free to come over for a visit!

Terri, I've been keeping an eye out and I haven't seen Mizz Squash...maybe we should hire Rosettagourd on full time???

Steven

btw, the feilds behind the cafe were looking lovely this afternoon!

Thumbnail by SW_gardener

mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

August 12, 2008
8:29 AM

Post #5402966

Here I am looking for a late night snack, AND NO MORE COOKIES!!!!!

Thumbnail by mittsy

kqcrna
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6a)

August 12, 2008
11:10 AM

Post #5403119

Thanks, Everyone.

I like that Bud vase. The lily is beautiful. A deer ate all of mine this year :-(

Karen
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

August 12, 2008
12:11 PM

Post #5403258

Morning and welcome Karen. Your combination arrangement is a wealth of beauty and species. What a great way you put it together. Hope to stay with us so we can continue to enjoy your creations. Those hydrangea are very nice as well, will you dry them?

Ms. Squash came in really late, but least she showed up. I was back in the kitchen throwing out one of my wilted arrangements and couldn't help but notice what appeared to be cookie crumbs in the trash can? Are you holding out on me Terri?

Steven, sounds like you had a great time with your nephew. We have a pretty good doughnut shop in town, but we never seem to get over there much so we occasionally buy them in the store.
starlight1153
Seale, AL
(Zone 8b)

August 12, 2008
12:15 PM

Post #5403271

Thanks Steven, for the cookies and the name of the flower. Gonan look for some Ivy seeds today to start for next year.

This is such a cool forum. I probably the one wiht the least experience and design knowledge, but sure do love seeing how differnt things ya might never thought of can be used for making arrangements and sprucing up some vases.

I think I need to learn how to expand my vision for things. Wish I was more artsy.

Karen, your arrangement is lovely. : )

Mittsy.. LOL now ms. squash shows up when there food around. We got her number now. LOL

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

August 12, 2008
12:26 PM

Post #5403290

Steven, forgot to mention your table arrangement by the window, didn't see it when I first came in must have had my head in the clouds worrying over those cookie crumbs. That ivy geranium looks like velvet and the vine around the vase sets it off. I think I'll move it over to one of the tables by wall that has the wood paneling as I think it will really make it stand out!

Star, believe me I had no clue what I was doing when I first came to the cafe. Everyone one here has been such an inspiration to me and given me a whole new way of looking at flowers and turning them into a presentation. You will expand before you know what hit you! (LOL especially if Steven brings in more of those delicious cookies!)
kqcrna
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6a)

August 12, 2008
12:31 PM

Post #5403307

I have never dried the hydrangeas, but plan to try a few this year. What's your favorite method for drying? I know some people stand them in a vase with a little water, some hang upside down, etc. What works best for you? At what point do you cut the blossom?

Karen
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

August 12, 2008
12:48 PM

Post #5403351

I just finished drying a plethora of different flowers that were in a number of different arrangements. I hang mine upside down in the garage for about 6 weeks and most do fine. I had 12 different groupings with 6 or so flowers/foliage in each and only had to toss 2 individual flowers. I'll have to post a photo as we did this for a friend who recently lost her husband, Steve made a ladder of old barnwood and I attached the swags to the ladder. We just gave it to her last evening, I'll try to post the photo when I get home today for you Karen.
mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

August 12, 2008
1:57 PM

Post #5403559

I was so in hopes that Mizz Squash's cousins could drop by. The petite Mizz Cucumber, she a cool one. And if she isn't too busy Mizz Zuchinni, unfortunately, she really been putting on weight recently. If any of you have seen them please send them on over.
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

August 12, 2008
2:46 PM

Post #5403811

I will keep a watchful eye. As I recall it would be hard to miss Mizz Zucchini!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 12, 2008
3:36 PM

Post #5404029

yeah she's one fat mama! oh I mean marrow...LoL!
SW_gardener

(Zone 6a)

August 12, 2008
4:29 PM

Post #5404233

Mittsy, Sorry that we...err...ate all the cookies before you got here but I brought something for lunch today!

Candee, Thanks, we did have a good time! We also took him to the airport to see the planes come and go, but sadly, it was so dark and rainy and cloudy that we only saw about 3 planes :(

Star, I hope you find some nice ivy seeds!!! We're putting up a chainlink fence either this fall or next spring so I'm going to have tons of vines and ivyish plants next summer! I'm excited about it already!

On my way home from errands the other day I bumped into Mizz Zucchini and her second cousin Mizz Pumpkin (I hear she's a giant atlantic! http://store.farmersalmanac.com/images/uploads/889_1060_thumb.JPG ) and she makes Mizz Zucchini look thin!

Steven

Here's some Sushi for everyone!!! Theres more then enough to go round :)

This message was edited Aug 12, 2008 11:30 AM

Thumbnail by SW_gardener

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

August 12, 2008
5:27 PM

Post #5404497

Man, keep her outta here Steven, she will knock every one of these lovely vases off the tables! I think she needs to start eating that sushi and get rid of that extra baggage. Lovely of you to provide lunch, think I'll dig in. Oh, that is good, believe mine musta been stuffed with Beluga!

So what are you fencing in or out Steven? Sounds like you will have a wealth of vines headed your way. don't forget to add clematis to your vine list, but stay away from trumpet vines, least my experience has been it spreads everywhere and is a bugger to get rid of, also have the same experience with morning glories, sorry for the first seet I ever planted.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 12, 2008
6:25 PM

Post #5404679

Hi everyone, Inspector Ironside working here now?, checking the bins!

Star, I remember the delicious banquet you made for us one evening, that was arty! maybe we could have that again for a treat? if your not too busy, because I know those banquets take a lot of preparation.

Seems to be a tradition with this cafe people sneaking around the back to eat Sushi... eh Karma and Traci???????
Looking forward to seeing your dried flowers Candee.
Sorry mittsy, Steven ate them all. I was too busy doing Mizz Squashs chores! Hey, the cousin Mizz cucumber sounds nice, when will she be coming in for an interview?

Has anyone seen the coffee pot? I promised Karen coffee today. Steven, if I can't find it I'll be over in a while to borrow yours, ok?!

HAPPY HOUR SPECIAL THIS EVENING...

Tequilla slammers..

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 12, 2008
6:29 PM

Post #5404692

Gladioli, lily stems and limes

SW_gardener

(Zone 6a)

August 12, 2008
6:46 PM

Post #5404741

Woooo Hoooo! Tequilla slammers!!! But...I have to go out tonight! Could somebody please save me one with my name on it?? Otherwise Mizz Squash will come in and drink it.

Terri, I'll be home all afternoon! Just becareful cause the traffic is pretty busy today. I haven't seen the coffee pot but a neighbor told me they saw Mizz Squash carrying one out...maybe thats the one you're looking for?
BTW, whats the name of those Gladioli?? They're just beautiful!

Candee, Mizz Zucchini said Mizz Pumpkin went back to the farm. Apparently she wasn't done ripening or something.
The fence is going to be great, it's going to fence in the garden and stop people from constantly cutting through the yard. :) hehehehe. Its sort of a townhouse/condo setup so people constantly cut through yards.

This message was edited Aug 12, 2008 1:47 PM
SW_gardener

(Zone 6a)

August 12, 2008
6:46 PM

Post #5404749

Oh, I hope everyone is enjoying their Sushi!!!
mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

August 12, 2008
6:54 PM

Post #5404803

Delicious sushi and the tequila slammer is a perfect go with drink. After a couple of these we won't care if Mizz What's her name comes in to work or not. I miss Tracie.

I always get sad when I drink. BooHoo.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 12, 2008
7:07 PM

Post #5404830

C'mon now mittsy, Traci wouldn't want to see you in a state LoL!

Anyone got a coffee pot we can borrow? Just stick a few weeds in it!, mittsy needs coffee quick!

I hadn't thought of Mizz Squash walking away with our coffee pot Steven, is there anything else missing?

glad you are all enjoying your sushi, please don't leave the cartons outside the back door again!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 12, 2008
7:10 PM

Post #5404844

Oh the Gladioli are called ' Supermarket gladioli' sorry I don't know LOL!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 12, 2008
7:59 PM

Post #5405014

Does the garden look a funny colour to you mittsy?...

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 12, 2008
8:03 PM

Post #5405026

Does the tequilla look a funny colour too?

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 12, 2008
8:13 PM

Post #5405054

maybe it was the type of tequila that has the worm in the bottle?
SW_gardener

(Zone 6a)

August 12, 2008
8:25 PM

Post #5405101

If Mittsy is drinking her Slammer now then so am I :)
Here goes...

*gulp*

wooo, I got it down with out even stopping for a breather!!! Normaly I don't drink booze that fast but that waspretty good!

Terri, did you say there was a worm in the bottle...or there is??? Cause I think I might have just drank it...Ooopsie

Steven

ps: I'm bringing something else for lunch tomorrow!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 12, 2008
8:38 PM

Post #5405135

WAS... hahaha!

Good ,will it be vegetarian? because I didn't have any of the BBQ either!
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

August 13, 2008
12:16 AM

Post #5405968

I found the pot, I am a great inspector! It wasn't Mz Squash who had taken it. Mittsy got so tipsy she put it in the closet, she thought she was gonna make a pot, but she went to pot before it got made and it wound up misplaced. I found it when I was looking for more cookies! I made quick pot for Karen to enjoy this evening, hope she comes back soon.

Can't drink tonight, still have to make it to work tomorrow, but must admit it is tempting. Terri those blues are stunning, never saw anything that vibrant! Steven, you may have mine, don't let mittsy get it, she is seeing a bit blurry already. Good idea for a fence I would hate having people cut through my yard. Hope you don't mind us using it for a shortcut to the cafe every once in a while though? If so we can go around.

Mittsy please don't get too sad on us. Have a cup of this fresh coffee and take a chill pill. We have lots to laugh about. Traci will return when she is able.

This message was edited Aug 12, 2008 8:20 PM

Thumbnail by haighr

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

August 13, 2008
12:18 AM

Post #5405974

Just a little bit closer.

Thumbnail by haighr

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

August 13, 2008
12:24 AM

Post #5405990

With all of these beautiful arrangements the outdoor patio is looking splendid. Can you see it from your house Steven, without having to peek around the side of your place?
I took the liberty of taking the coffee outside so we can enjoy it through the sunset.
Mittsy can you make it out there or do we have to assist???

Thumbnail by haighr

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 13, 2008
12:48 AM

Post #5406068

My oh my ,your arrangements get better everyday! Thank you Candee.
Are you left handed Candee? it's just that the way the coffee pot is arranged it looks like a lefty did it!!!!!!!
Love the beads, the lid with the foliage on it, the flower colours go so well with the copper pot AND love the grass!
Our patio is looking fantastic! this is the best looking cafe in cyber space!

OK candee, I feel bad and I'm going to own up... Sorry we ate all the cookies last night.
Thanks for saving the day with the coffee, dear friend!
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

August 13, 2008
1:08 AM

Post #5406149

I figured it was you but didn't want to just make an accusation until I finished my investigation. thanks for coming clean, it means a lot to me. I love a person who tells it straight, no pussy footing around.

No, not left handed but am a bit ambidexterous as I do most everything lefty except writing, then I gotto go with the right. So glad you like it, wasn't sure about all the various yellows, but you know I like it now. I loved the creamy yellow stripes in the grass, wish I could remember which miscanthus that is I have a number of different grasses and this one is quite huge. I have never used this grass in an arrangement before now but surely will again.

I found the pot when looking for treasures around the house for arranging. You know I had it in the rec room downstairs on a bottom shelf, it too had been my mothers. I don't think I have noticed it for years until coming to this cafe and finding new ways to arrange. It just jumped out at me this eveing. I had to chuckle when I came inside and started posting my new arrangements and saw you needed coffee in the cafe, must admit I already had this pot brewing.
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

August 13, 2008
1:14 AM

Post #5406182

Almost forgot Terri, I just posted the memorial dried arrangement on that dried flower thread. They came out okay, Steve saved the day with that barnwood ladder.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 13, 2008
1:20 AM

Post #5406205

I was trying to think of the name miscanthus! those grasses are expensive at the florists, you are lucky to have different ones to arrange with. I love all the yellows.
Everyone needs to have a good root around their houses, there's always some old basket or container you've forgotten about!

Haven't seen mittsy for a while, did someone help her home?
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 13, 2008
1:31 AM

Post #5406262

I wonder if your mother ever made a flower arrangement in it? LoL!

You made a good job of the dried flower arrangement, Thanks for sharing.
Hopefully everyone will start to dry their flowers, ready for winter arrangements.
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

August 13, 2008
1:34 AM

Post #5406282

Oh good thought Terri, hadn't thought of drying any of my own dah!!!
My mother wasn't much for arranging. She had some from the florist on occasion and did a splendid job of growing azaleas, but never much for having them in the house. Isn't that odd that I just can't get enough of them.
mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

August 13, 2008
8:52 AM

Post #5407360

I had an old copper pot like that one. I tossed it when it started to leak. I think we may have gotten it for a bridal shower or wedding gift. Married in 1963.

Love your arrangement. My Purity zinnias are so pretty and the Green Envy should open in a few days. I'd like info on the best way to dry them. I have a lot of Thumbelina zinnias so should be able to come up with a few mini bouquets for the outdoor tables. Now to find some cute containers. I think I'll try some coffee mugs.
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

August 13, 2008
11:29 AM

Post #5407517

Mugs are a great idea mittsy, looking forward to them. Hope your head is back on straight this morn, I see you were up quite late or early and hope the coffee was strong enough for you.
As for drying, I just take the cuttings, tie them tightly at the bottom with string or twine and hang them upside down in my basement or garage for about 4-5 weeks. Most of mine keep a decent amount of color that way, some do better than others, don't forget to use some foliage as well. I posted the ones I just did on the dried flower thread if you want to go take a peek.
I have no idea how old this pot is, I know I have had it since mom died and that is 20 years now and she had it as an antique.

The zinnias are doing splendidly and producing like crazy for me!
SW_gardener

(Zone 6a)

August 13, 2008
4:09 PM

Post #5408779

Hey everyone!!!

Candee, thats a really nice arrangement, the zinnas and the glads match perfectly with the varigation in the maiden grass! And the patio is looking great, I think I'll come over and have my lunch there and see what you're all up too since its so private I can't even catch a glimpse from my upstairs!!! I'm so glad you found the coffee pot. If Mizz Squash didn't take it then what did the neighbor see??? Feel free to cut through my yard as much as you have to...although once the fences are up with some nice climbing roses I wouldn't reccomend it as you might get thorned.

Mittsy, Have you ever tried drying flowers with borax?

Terri, as promised here is todays vegetarian lunch!

Now, how does everyone like their corn on the cob? boiled? grilled?
it's already husked so once we decide to how to cook it we can start getting it ready!

Thumbnail by SW_gardener

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

August 13, 2008
5:21 PM

Post #5409144

Boiled with a pinch of sugar added to the water and then loads of Land of Lakes butter and touch of salt and a few slices of tomatos on the side would be an added treat.
Thanks for the warning about the thorny roses on the fence, but that may take a bit.
Thanks for you kind compliments on the mellow yellows, the grass inspired the rest of the arrangement. Went out front for something else and saw the grasses with the mellow yellow stripes, grabbed a few and voila'.
I'll bet the neighbor saw Mz Squash leaving with that teapot of Terri's cause I don't believe she can find it as she was asking others to make the coffee? I'll have to inquire with a few other neighbors.
Am sure you will enjoy your lunch on the patio to day as the weather is a perfect 80 and no humidity and no breeze to blow the napkins around and make a mess. Nice to know that it is even private from your second floor, guess we did a good job in creating that little oasis for our cafe family!

BTW I am off Friday through Tuesday so could probably use a stiff drink one of those fine evenings. Going to the beach with the grandbabies on Sun - Tues so should refrain then, but the other nights, whoopee!
mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

August 13, 2008
6:04 PM

Post #5409333

Here's the mugshot! DH and I got these mugs as a souvenir when he taught at the Guild School in Castine Maine. He taught for 19 years and we always enjoyed the Maine Maritime Academy and the wonderful friends we made that came from all over the world to take his classes. Jigs and Fixture for 1/12 scale furniture making. Heirloom quality dollhouse furniture.

Thumbnail by mittsy

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

August 14, 2008
12:25 AM

Post #5410800

They look splendid in there mittsy and bet you can tell us a few stories to boot especially with all those foreign students. You musta met a lot of characters during those years.

Hope you dont mind but I caught a photo of you in the cafe at 4:30 a.m. you werent' as tipsy as I thought, you look like you had a great time.

Thumbnail by haighr

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

August 14, 2008
12:26 AM

Post #5410803

Thought I better supply a bottle of Ibuprofen for the weekend and our next bash in case one of us gets carried away LOL!

Thumbnail by haighr

soilsandup
Sacramento, CA
(Zone 9a)

August 14, 2008
12:38 AM

Post #5410844

Hi Mittsy - nice mugful of flowers you have there. It was great that you sent in a photo so that we can put a face with your name, but once you do that, you"ll never know where you are going to turn up next :)). Candee has a way of finding us in some mighty strange places...
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

August 14, 2008
12:42 AM

Post #5410861

Oh, Dianne I hope you don't mind me finding mittsy in the outside cafe, I got the photo just before she was gonna dance on one of the tables. If it is a problem please let me know, I realize I have not asked for prior permission to post those? Yikes, don't want to step on toes w/o even dancin LOL
soilsandup
Sacramento, CA
(Zone 9a)

August 14, 2008
4:55 AM

Post #5411978

Candee - oh, I am sure no one minds. I did not mean to imply that at all. I thought it was very clever and funny what you have done. (you did notice my smiling face at the end of the sentence?)
And I am looking forward to dancing with all of you at the next night out at the cafe. Will have to be soon though. I am heading off in two weeks!
mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

August 14, 2008
9:04 AM

Post #5412190

Love the picture. I'm toying with the idea of using some of my photos to make a calendar. I so miss my gardens during the winter months. Anyone ever tried that?
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

August 14, 2008
11:46 AM

Post #5412412

I didn't think anyone would mind, but had a second thought that perhaps I should have gotten permission from mittsy before using it. But alas, all is well, Mittsy loves it! I know everyone in here is a good sport and likes to have a fun time, but just wanted to be sure it isn't offensive to anyone.

So if anyone doesn't want their mug shot taken in the cafe, you need to let this camera bug know well in advance. You know I most always show up at these events and am always ready with the camera to find one of us in a precarious situation LOL!

Now how bout we have a bash upon your return, how would that be? You are going away and we are not available this weekend so perhaps while you are gone we can plan a happy hour that continues into the wee hours. If we wait until your return (when is that?), we shall have more time to get the hired help straightened out!!!

mittsy, I make a calendar every year. The flowers help get me through the winter months (just around our corners yuk) although it is a good time of rest and change of scenery. I have a hallmark program that I use to make mine, but am sure there are many available. I just print out the photo sheets with the pic and calendar month, I do one page for each month, and then holepunch or just clip them together or put in a little binder, nothing special and of course not like one you purchase all bound and stuff, but nice and personal just the same. I have made them for others and have gotten great reviews. Go for it!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 14, 2008
6:03 PM

Post #5413972

Hello all,
Thanks for the sweetcorn Steven, it was delicious just the way Candee cooked it!
Lovey coffee mittsy, Thankyou. So it's you who does the deadheading for us in the middle of the night!!!
I love the idea of making a calendar, it's fun to play about with pictures as I discovered recently.

Dianne, as you will be away for a whole month and you are not going for 2 weeks, I think we could have a lttle Bon Voyage get together sometime before you go!
My friend Cissy, is having a Birthday on Saturday, was thinking we could have a suprise party for her here at the cafe.
Although she might not turn up because she's rather shy LoL!

I made a summer fruits trifle to add to the menu.

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

August 14, 2008
6:08 PM

Post #5413997

Oh man, I am gonna get the first hunk of that, or must I wait until everybody sees it? Nope, nevermind, not waiting, no patience gotta have it right now, right here and I don't even have a spoon, will have to dig in with both hands, yes I washed them first!

Party, did you say party, Saturday??? Sounds like a plan for Cissy and bon voyage, not sure if I can get over here but we shall see?
mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

August 14, 2008
6:27 PM

Post #5414090

Your Citrus Trifle looks yummy!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 14, 2008
6:30 PM

Post #5414101

Thanks Candee and mittsy.

This message was edited Aug 17, 2008 3:26 AM
soilsandup
Sacramento, CA
(Zone 9a)

August 15, 2008
4:38 PM

Post #5418320

Hey Terri - that trifle was delicious. Anytime you want to have your party - I'll be there. Sure beats dusting blinds and organizing a mountain of paperwork.
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

August 15, 2008
6:01 PM

Post #5418618

Hey Steven better get over here and bring your company, you don't wanna miss this. I 've been back in the kitchen all morning baking this nice Elmira Peach Pie, the top layer under the lattice crust is peach cheesecake!
Hope everyone enjoys, the peaches are perfect this year.

Thumbnail by haighr

mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

August 15, 2008
7:34 PM

Post #5418953

Oh, just rub it in. Our peaches are nasty, they look beautiful, but when you bite in to them they are brown inside. And so expensive. 65 cents for one medium size peach and you can't eat it. They must pick them green and ship them hard.

Your dessert is making me drool. Gotta get a towel to wipe off the keyboard.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 15, 2008
10:18 PM

Post #5419606

Hi everyone, Glad you liked the triffle. Thanks.
Dianne, I too hate housework and paperwork, but enjoy a party!
Candee, your peach pie looks very tasty. Thank you! I had a look at the peaches in the supermarket today, they were 50p each, approx 1 dollar in your money!!!
Just bringing in another table arrangement, the lilies my SIL gave me last week are still looking good, the few that have gone over are now underwater.

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

August 15, 2008
11:38 PM

Post #5419975

Sorry mittsy they are fresh here and you just can't believe how wonderful they are. Come on down and have some! I'll be getting a bunch more next week for pies for the freezer. This one we just had a sliver and is quite delicious and that cheesecake on the top just sets it off.

Lovein your lilies Terri and the bowl is fabulous!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 16, 2008
12:36 AM

Post #5420149

Thanks Candee, Ohh the peach pie is soooooo yummy, please may I have another slice? think I'll have some cream with it this time...

Just had a stroll around the cafe gardens, the lily lantern adds a new feature!

mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

August 16, 2008
9:50 AM

Post #5421414

That lily lantern really shines.
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

August 16, 2008
12:28 PM

Post #5421662

Sure does light up the area Terri nice job. Have all the pie you want but do you really want cream along with that cheesecake topping? Might turn a bit mushy? Your choice. Hope others get in here and eat it soon as I am tired of getting it in and out of the fridge!
starlight1153
Seale, AL
(Zone 8b)

August 16, 2008
1:08 PM

Post #5421788

I just followed the light from the latern in. Really a big help, don't have to watch walking and tripping over something along the path or takign a wrong turn somewhere.

Well, I will certainly have a slice, nevr in my wildest years would I ever have thought about havign a peach pie backed with cheescake. If ya get a chance sometime and don't mind, would you send me the reciepe.

While it cloudy, going back out to start turnign ground in another bedand gettign rid of weeds. If not too tired wil be bakc in later tonight for the party. Will have my dancing shoes on. ready to rock -n-roll.

soilsandup
Sacramento, CA
(Zone 9a)

August 16, 2008
4:45 PM

Post #5422651

Candee - peach pie for breakfast. what could be better. Glad that I was able to get in this morning and got the last piece. I would like the recipe too!!
mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

August 16, 2008
5:02 PM

Post #5422706

Better post the recipe on this thread as we are all "HUNGRY" for peach topped cheesecake pie. Yum!

It's raining again so I had to take a break from my weeding and mulching. I think I should buy stock in Scott's at $4.97 a bag I've spent a small fortune and not nearly finished. Will have to post a pic so you can encourage me to keep going. I'm too old for this job. My teenage helper broke his foot so no hired help this year.
mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

August 16, 2008
6:01 PM

Post #5422934

Looky whay I found

Check out this delicious treat

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/890655/

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 16, 2008
11:02 PM

Post #5423906

Hello everyone!
Thanks friends, pleased to hear the lantern works along the pathway!
Good find there mittsy, now we can all make Candee's peach and cheesecake pie.

Are there any volunteers willing to help out decorating the cafe for the party tonight???????
I've made a start in the garden with some balloons, but there's food and drinks to organise,entertainment, table decorations, someone to link Cissy over here when we are ready with the 'Suprise' party.
Any help would be much appreciated. LoL!!

This message was edited Aug 17, 2008 12:51 AM

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 16, 2008
11:21 PM

Post #5423996

Balloons decorating our secret garden.

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 16, 2008
11:27 PM

Post #5424036

The cafe gardens look quite inviting this evening!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 16, 2008
11:32 PM

Post #5424060

You can dance out here later Star!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 16, 2008
11:34 PM

Post #5424074

We shall have to keep an eye out for Candee dancing on the table LoL!

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

August 17, 2008
12:53 AM

Post #5424407

Well I see you finished up the pie. Nothing left not even a crumb. When does the dancin begin, bit tired been with my grandbaby Eva swimming all day!
Sorry no pie left for breakfast or to take to the beach tomorrow!
Love the way the cafe is looking Terri, looks like a heck of a party is in the works!

Thumbnail by haighr

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

August 17, 2008
12:55 AM

Post #5424415

I can do the link /Terri when we are ready - Great party balloons!
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

August 17, 2008
1:03 AM

Post #5424445

Well I went lookin for Cissy and now can't remember where we left her LOL! ANy help appreciated - headed to the beach in the morn so sure would like to find her soon!
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

August 17, 2008
1:06 AM

Post #5424455

Happy Birthday Cissy, made this for you in my finest crystal!

Thumbnail by haighr

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 17, 2008
1:21 AM

Post #5424529

Thanks Candee! sounds like you had fun swimming, hope you have some energy left!
I wonder if anyone will turn up? maybe Cissy went out for her Birthday already LoL!
Have you seen Steven? there's no lights on, don't want him to miss another party.
Zanyhair is working, not sure if MizzSquash has turned up yet.
Melonie is busy tonight, I'm looking through the books to find some entertainment!!!

It's getting late here!!!!!!!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 17, 2008
1:23 AM

Post #5424539

Oh Candee, thats so pretty, I'm sure Cissy will love it. Last time I saw her she was gardening at the adorable puppy thread!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 17, 2008
1:41 AM

Post #5424616

Lurkers Welcome!!!!!!!!
Sis_E
(Cissy) San Jose, CA
(Zone 9b)

August 17, 2008
2:29 AM

Post #5424786

Holy garden flowers! This is spectacular!! I've been in my garden trying to decide what to do with a ton of old bricks we picked up at a friends house. I want to make huge planter of sorts.

I can't believe this party!!! Para me???? Terri and Haighr (Candee) Thank you sooooooooooooooooo much!! This is awesome! I am touched ladies (no, not in the head...yet) that you got this party going on. Thank you thank you thank you. Means a lot to me!!! ♫♫♪♪♫-.:::whistling a tune:::
Amazzzinnggggg! ::curtsy::

Thank you so much!
Cissy :D
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 17, 2008
2:54 AM

Post #5424872

Yay! Happy Birthday Cissy, Welcome to the Flowerpot cafe.
Have you had a nice Birthday? Here's some chocolates for you, would you like a drink?

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 17, 2008
3:20 AM

Post #5424969

Cheers Cissy!

Zanyhair (our night waitress) will be here to look after everyone all night!

starlight1153
Seale, AL
(Zone 8b)

August 17, 2008
11:42 AM

Post #5425632

Happy birthday Cissy. Sorry no partying for me last night, we finally got some much needed rain and a whole lot of thunder. Getting ready to see what gonan happen with that storm coming into Flordia and where it gonan hit and if we gonan get some of its effects too.

Looking out the back door and amazing how a little rain cna make things pert up and look a bit green again. Hope we get some more, might have a few fall flowers after all.

Beautiful piece of crystal.

Picked me up a small plastic dish with a piece of foam in it. Now just got to find somethign to arrange in it.

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 17, 2008
3:41 PM

Post #5426435

Had fun poppin' all the balloons this morning!
ellesgh
Humansville, MO

August 17, 2008
5:35 PM

Post #5426899

hi
here a brithday basket it got honeysuckle sence
have a happy brithday
elle

Thumbnail by ellesgh

Sis_E
(Cissy) San Jose, CA
(Zone 9b)

August 18, 2008
1:09 PM

Post #5430268

Starlight, thank you! Terri, you are a cutie as usual. Elle, what a lovely gift and a great idea too! I love it! Yesterday, my friends and I went to the state fair. We spent the entire day with the animals. I never saw so many pig, goats and cows in my life. We even watched the cow/bull judging for the "future farmers of america" and the 4-H'ers. Wonderful time :D
SW_gardener

(Zone 6a)

August 18, 2008
4:51 PM

Post #5431161

Oh, man! I decide to have a quiet weekend at home and completely miss another party!!! And that pie!!!!! Gosh, it looks SOOO good!
Is there anything being planned for this weekend?? My nephew is probably coming to visit again, said he could come before school starts. This time it'll probably be for 3 nights...he really enjoys it so thats whats important, but I get tired thinking about it ;P

Maybe nextweek we could have a drinks and fireworks night out on the cafe patio? what does everyone think?

Steven
mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

August 18, 2008
5:02 PM

Post #5431219

I love fireworks!
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

August 20, 2008
5:38 PM

Post #5442109

Looks like another great time, we do know how to have a party at the cafe. Steven, I know what you mean about tired, seems to come earlier every year for me. We were at the beach with the granddaughters and I am pooped. Now this coming weekend it is back up to the cabin to mow and who knows what else. Always something. Tim, Amy and Eva will be stopping back to spend tomorrow evening as a layover from the beach trip, they will head to the cabin Friday and then on home to Ohio.

Elle you make a fine birthday basket.
SW_gardener

(Zone 6a)

August 20, 2008
10:24 PM

Post #5443362

Terri's photo ~ http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/fp.php?pid=5424872 ~ gave me the idea for fireworks, so we should see what else we can come up with :)
We still have to set it up with my nephew fir the weekend...haven't called yet...but he doesn't require alot of entertaining so that makes it easier.

Steven
mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

August 20, 2008
11:31 PM

Post #5443639

Candy fireworks, even better.
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

August 21, 2008
12:55 AM

Post #5444168

Whatever you want to do, - not sure I can attend had an unexpected event that have to manage.
weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

August 21, 2008
7:22 AM

Post #5445523

I made a snack to share at DG, so I'm doing the rounds. Help yourself and then pass it on. I've got visitors arriving any moment, so can't stay. Hi all, I'll check in again soon.
Sue

Thumbnail by weed_woman

mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

August 21, 2008
12:40 PM

Post #5446004

Very nice, should hit the spot and go down easy.
soilsandup
Sacramento, CA
(Zone 9a)

August 21, 2008
4:51 PM

Post #5447325

Yummy snacks, Sue.

Terri - great job with the decorations.
Cissy - sorry I missed your party. Happy belated birthday. I have not gone to the state fair in about 10 years, ever since the kids got older and prefer going out with their friends. I don't think we have met, though we live in the same neck of the woods. Stop by the cafe again and we can exchange CA gardening stories while eating these here peach parfaits - a new cafe menu item and large enough to feed a crowd.

Thumbnail by soilsandup

SW_gardener

(Zone 6a)

August 21, 2008
5:31 PM

Post #5447590

Candy, flowers, tissue paper, whatever we can think of to make fireworks. And lets not forget drinks ;) We could set a date for sometime nextweek maybe so everyone can attend? :)

Sue, thanks for the snack! Cheese and crackers are 2 of my favorite foods! :)

Steven
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 21, 2008
6:52 PM

Post #5447909

Hi everyone,
Nice to see new items on the menu, lovely basket elle!
Fireworks sound like fun, a chance to be creative with what we've got.

I too, have something unexpected to deal with over here.
keep up the great ideas for the cafe and I'll see you all soon.

Take care of our birdie when the fireworks begin!

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

August 22, 2008
11:43 AM

Post #5451147

Sue, thanks for the "spread" no pun intended LOL. Hope there is enough for your company cause we appear to be a hungry bunch in here.
Dianne those peach parfaits are a welcome addition to the menu at the cafe. Must admit the regular menu was getting a bit borish.
Steven, fireworks display sounds like a great idea, I'll try to "burst" in with something upon our return from the cabin.
Terri, I should have known you had something cooking in that head of yours when you saw my birdcage. Another superb idea and now we have another chatterbox in the cafe. Do we have a name for our feathered friend or shall we work on picking one?
ellesgh
Humansville, MO

August 22, 2008
2:30 PM

Post #5451802

sweet pea
elle
soilsandup
Sacramento, CA
(Zone 9a)

August 22, 2008
5:00 PM

Post #5452611

Terri - don't know how you keep on coming up with such nifty creations. Where did you manage to fine an ear of corn that is short and stubby like that?

Elle - sweet pea would be a nice name.
SW_gardener

(Zone 6a)

August 22, 2008
8:22 PM

Post #5453428

Candee, My nephew is set to come Monday to Wednesday of next week so I'm going to try and get him crafting to see if we can end up with something that looks like fireworks :)

Elle, I think sweet pea is a good name too!

Steven
ellesgh
Humansville, MO

August 22, 2008
10:36 PM

Post #5454014

i hope they call it that
elle
starlight1153
Seale, AL
(Zone 8b)

August 25, 2008
12:14 PM

Post #5464578

Morning everybody!

Just popping in to sy Hi quick while the storm has a break in it. Faye been here since friday and she not being a lady and she let up for a little bit, but now she on her way back here in a couple of hours and can't be on puter cuz of the power outages on and off, it keeps blowing my puter parts.

Hope ya all have good days and will be back when Faye moves out in a coupel of days. Have gone from drought to flooding. Fun.. Fun.. Fun.. ( not)
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

August 25, 2008
1:46 PM

Post #5464919

I vote for Sweet Pea, good name Elle.
Well put Dianne I don't know how she does it as well. Ingenious ideas all the time.
Star so sorry to hear of your wash out! Hope you fare well and don't get too bogged down.
Steven, sounds like a great project. I am working on an idea for one as well.
ellesgh
Humansville, MO

August 25, 2008
3:08 PM

Post #5465258

thank all
well we going to do some more canning
i am trying to get together all the thing i going to sell at the festival
bear,candle,and flower arrandment
hope it go
elle
sunny here hope every one have a bless day
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

August 25, 2008
4:04 PM

Post #5465491

I've been putting up peach pies elle, getting ready for the colder temps we are. Good luck at the festival, bet that puppy would sell at the festival? Are you taking one as well.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 25, 2008
4:56 PM

Post #5465721

Hi everyone,
So glad you like our birdie and Sweet Pea is a good name for him/ her? maybe she will have baby birdies one day.
Candee, I was inspired by your birdcage to make one!
Funny Dianne, the stubby bit of corn was growing and I knocked it off by accident when weeding! I didn't have the heart to throw it away... it came in handy for Sweet pea. What date are you going on holiday? bet you are getting excited about it now.
Star, What a year you are having, stay safe!
Steven, what is your nephews name? Looking forward to seeing your creations!
elle, when is the festival? good luck with the sales.
My sunflowers are still blooming, here's a fresh pot. hello lurkers!

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

August 25, 2008
5:16 PM

Post #5465808

I knew you would come up with something when you mentioned the bird cage on the other thread - very cool! Sure have a lot of yellow your way, it really brightens the day!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 25, 2008
5:25 PM

Post #5465846

Thanks Candee, My flowers are coming to an end sad to say, luckily the sunflowers are still going!! looking forward to seeing your 'idea' that you are working on, wonder what it could be?
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

August 25, 2008
5:46 PM

Post #5465941

Sad to say the same here Terri, wont be long and I'll be shoveling snow! Put a couple peach pies in the freezer yesterday, still working on putting up green beans, etc. Disappointed in our tomatos this year as they must have been marked wrong and they are yellow tomatoes, just not right. We do have some romas that we are freezing for sauces though. Ah the end of the season is coming and so much to do. I have cannas coming up all over but not a single bloom and it will soon be time to pull them!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 25, 2008
6:10 PM

Post #5466054

Same here with the tomatoes, so disapointing and only 1 truss on each plant this year, weird!!
Love Cannas, wonder if Yardqueen, ' Queen of Cannas ' had any flowers? Yardqueen are you there??
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

August 25, 2008
6:21 PM

Post #5466092

I have some beautiful foliage on the cannas, but that is it.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 25, 2008
6:29 PM

Post #5466122

Would love to have some big canna leaves to manipulate, lucky you!! also great for covering oasis or wiring.
SW_gardener

(Zone 6a)

August 25, 2008
9:17 PM

Post #5466752

Candee, how's your project coming so far???

Terri, My nephews name is Connor, he's playing videogames now...I've been told he dreams about them when he sleeps :)
I love your sunflowers!!! I still have a few flowers outside but most of my perennials were transplanted this years so I'm just trying to get them established. The delphs tried to make a few more blooms but I've been picking then off to keep the plants stronger for their first winter here.

Heres a picture of my new extended perennial bed. Alot of the plants in the pic are funny colours from the record smashing amounts of rain we've had this summer. This is actualy the first week all summer where we've had mostly sun and NO rain! Fortunatly since it's stoped raining alot of the plants are starting to turn green again! yay!

Steven

Thumbnail by SW_gardener

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 25, 2008
9:58 PM

Post #5466908

Hi Steven, Thanks, I am quite pleased with those sunflowers I grew from seeds.Your flower bed looks like it's growing nicely. I wonder what crafty creation young Connor will make? if you can get him away from the video games that is!!
Enjoy your sunshine.
ellesgh
Humansville, MO

August 25, 2008
10:14 PM

Post #5466956

yes the puppy will go with me
did you see the one i make of just the head
the pie sound so good need to try to make some
i see the bridcage
how did you make it
elle
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 25, 2008
10:48 PM

Post #5467162

Hi elle, I used 2 baskets for the birdcage. One with a long handle the other basket fitted inside. The sticks around the cage were tucked in between the two baskets and tied at the top of the handle. I pleated a long phormium leaf to make the swing. Added some leaves and a little corn. Are you going to make a friend for Sweetpea?
I'm sure the puppy heads will sell, they are very cute.

Who's a pretty sweetpea? Sshhhhhhhhhhh that birdie is noisy tonight!

SW_gardener

(Zone 6a)

August 26, 2008
3:35 AM

Post #5468508

Terri, I love the birdcage! The sunflowers are really nice, for some reason flowers always seem prettier when you grow them yourself.
Next year I want to start a cutting garden...I've got so many seeds that will be perfect for cutting...but right now I'm just starting a few morning glories to grow inside. If they're started now they'll be in flower when the snow starts to fall... :)

Steven
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

August 26, 2008
11:25 AM

Post #5469091

Pretty bird, pretty bird, tweet, tweet, tweet sweet pea!
Steven - morning glories good for you. Frankly I rue the day I planted one seed. I swear I have a bank that has ivy and arborvitae on it and they run rampant. I just took the rake to them the other week to get them out - they just won't go away. Pulling them makes them spread more and there just isn't enough RoundUp to get rid of them.
Bet your cutting garden will be great next year. As for the rain I don't know the last time we had any of that, what does it look like again? I have been trying to water but the ground is like cement.

LOL at the video games. I think we were better off without them, but realistically when we were young, if they were available I would have likely had one. I remember never going anywhere without my transistor radio (for those of us who know what one of those is) !

I have the fireworks display ready to "blast off". Terri, thanks for the ideas on the canna leaves. Now must think of a theme to utilize them???

Elle, you and your family will love the pie. I am gonna do a few more peach pies for the freezer this weekend as it is a holiday, least when we return from the cabin on Sunday. Then the following weekend we are headed back to the beach I believe for Steve and Mike and a few others to go deep sea fishing so will make one of the Elmira pies with the cheesecake to take down there. Bet you will sell your puppies at the festival, they are irresistable.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 26, 2008
3:02 PM

Post #5469892

Hi everyone,
When is the firework display???????
I have a flying teapot ready to take Dianne to Europe!
Looking forward to the blast off, think we are waiting for young Connor and Uncle Steven to create fireworks!!

Wonder if Mizz Squash will be working, has anyone seen her recently?

tweet!

ellesgh
Humansville, MO

August 26, 2008
3:08 PM

Post #5469916

hi
firework?
it would be nice
i will be busy making thing to sell at our festival
elle
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 26, 2008
4:31 PM

Post #5470234

Hi elle, Steven had the idea for a drinks and fireworks night out on the cafe patio. He has his nephew staying and they are going to make things that look like fireworks. Hope you can come!
Also, Dianne is leaving for a months holiday in Europe, we will have happy hour drinks and fireworks to wish her a safe journey and Happy holidays!
SW_gardener

(Zone 6a)

August 26, 2008
7:14 PM

Post #5470813

Candee, are Morning Glories perennial for you? Or are they the kind that reseed? I had those ones at my old house and they were a major pain and I refuse the grow the reseeding types outside here. Especialy since theres a wild meadow behind us, wouldn't want them to escape!

Now, I'm off to see if I can get a cocktail glass so we can have something to drink when we watch the fireworks! When are we setting them off?

Steven
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

August 27, 2008
11:28 AM

Post #5473438

Steven, you need to pick the party date, appears all of us are geared up for a smashing time!
Steven mine are the reseeding kind and I do wish I could get rid of them, yuk a royal pain every season. They never did take off where I wanted them to, but are everywhere else.
I think Dianne is leaving tomorrow am? Have a safe and splendid trip, wish we were tagging along as it sounds fabulous. Good for you on a much needed R&R!
We must remember to take sweet pea over to Stevens before the fireworks begin, wouldn't want to make her hard of hearing from the noise! Mz Squash???? I tell you it is really hard to get good help these days, they start out with a bang and then peter out before the first paycheck, we did remember to pay her didn't we???????????
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 27, 2008
2:48 PM

Post #5474060

Hi Steven, Any luck finding a cocktail glass? we are ready to get this party started whenever you are dear!! it's going to be fun and I can't wait to see what you and Connor have made.
Hiya Candee! Good idea to take sweet pea over to Stevens house. I hope we did pay Mz Squash, Traci always took care of things like that.
Hope mittsy doesn't miss the fireworks!!!

Just having a sound check for the fireworks...

WWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooo
AAAAAAAhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
SSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhBANG BANG!!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 27, 2008
4:30 PM

Post #5474444

Dianne, Have you packed everything?

Passport check
Tickets check
Money
Camera
Hairdryer
Teapot (you never know)!
soilsandup
Sacramento, CA
(Zone 9a)

August 27, 2008
6:02 PM

Post #5474737

Hi All - I have all the essentials in a big ole pile in my room. Will discard about half of them since I tend to pack too much, and then start packing in earnest tonight. Was hoping to work half a day today, but since half the day is already gone, I will be here quite a bit longer. One of my kids will be taking me to the airport at 4 AM in the morning - my flight leaves at 6 AM. So, I will be able to check into the cafe and join the festivities tonight. I doubt if I will even get to sleep...so I may as well party LoL.

Terri - what's this about an flying teapot? Can I take that with me????

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 27, 2008
6:25 PM

Post #5474835

Hi Dianne, pleased to hear you are almost organised! Take the teapot with you? you're flying away in it!!
Flying Teapot Airlines, better check your ticket again!!

Here's a Happy hour cocktail to get you in the mood!

soilsandup
Sacramento, CA
(Zone 9a)

August 27, 2008
11:24 PM

Post #5475939

Terri - that cocktail was delicious. Just what I needed to finish off the work day. A flying teapot - even better than a flying Dumbo!!! Can't wait to see it.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 28, 2008
1:28 AM

Post #5476361

Hi Dianne, good to hear you are ready to go. I don't know where everyone is, I've made a jug of Rocket fuel to keep us going while we are waiting...
There is a delay with the flying teapot due to technical difficulties, but hopefully it will be ready for take off after the fireworks!!

SW_gardener

(Zone 6a)

August 28, 2008
3:34 AM

Post #5476929

Hi everyone!!! So sorry I wasn't here on time!!! Not feeling so well tonight.
I got some firework art made yesterday though, but completly forgot to take a picture...but heres cocktails for everyone once they're done drinking the round Terri made! Which is delicious!!!

Dianne, hope you have a great trip!!!!!

Steven

Cocktails!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thumbnail by SW_gardener

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 28, 2008
3:47 AM

Post #5476983

Hi Steven, Sorry you are not feeling too well. Thanks for the cocktail, just in time! we have drank drunk all the jug!!
Not to worry over the fireworks, I made a few for us... enjoy the display!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 28, 2008
3:49 AM

Post #5476993

*0**o***OOOooo

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 28, 2008
3:51 AM

Post #5477001

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 28, 2008
3:56 AM

Post #5477018

o

SW_gardener

(Zone 6a)

August 28, 2008
3:57 AM

Post #5477023

Terri, Wow those are way nicer then what I came up with!
Thanks so much!!!

Have a great night!!!

Steven
soilsandup
Sacramento, CA
(Zone 9a)

August 28, 2008
3:57 AM

Post #5477027

Terri and Steven,

I just got back from a dinner with the kids. What a great followup to a dinner - cocktails and fireworks. Thanks for those delicious concoctions.
Steven - hope you feel better real soon.

Great fireworks display, Terri. Must be quite late now in London???
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 28, 2008
4:03 AM

Post #5477040

Yes it's late but you will be away for a whole month... we will miss you Dianne!
Hope you feel better tomorrow Steven, sleep well, hope we don't keep you awake with all the noise!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 28, 2008
4:09 AM

Post #5477054

oo

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 28, 2008
4:11 AM

Post #5477059

ooo

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 28, 2008
4:15 AM

Post #5477070

ooooo

soilsandup
Sacramento, CA
(Zone 9a)

August 28, 2008
4:37 AM

Post #5477161

Terri - how neat!!! LOve that flower pot cafe sign. What I am actually doing now, in between yours and Stevens cocktails and fireworks, is watering my garden. I wanted to make sure everything gets a good soaking. Unlike many of you, we have dry,dry,dry summers. and we're expecting three days in a row of over 100 degree heat. So, I am watering in the dark THEN I will buckle down and pack. any irish coffee out there to keep me awake ???? LoL
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 28, 2008
5:17 AM

Post #5477241

Lol with your midnight watering! Hope the kids give the plants a drink for you while you are away. Leave notes!!
Well I found us an Irish coffee, cheers and safe journey.

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 28, 2008
5:27 AM

Post #5477249

Enjoy your cruise...

The teapot will be arriving next, please make your way to the departure lounge!!

soilsandup
Sacramento, CA
(Zone 9a)

August 28, 2008
5:30 AM

Post #5477253

Thanks so much Terri - I needed that extra caffeine boast. You are a such a dear person. Now, go to bed and get some rest. All your efforts tonight was very, very much appreciated.
soilsandup
Sacramento, CA
(Zone 9a)

August 28, 2008
5:33 AM

Post #5477260

Wait. WAIT...i'm not packed yet...HOld the plane...

What a nifty boat - what is it all made of???
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 28, 2008
5:47 AM

Post #5477295

Ok! you are very welcome. Have a great time, see you when you get back.
Take care!
Hugs
Terri.

the boat is made with leucedendron(sp)? and cress. Your flying teapot will wait for you, don't panic!! Byeeeeeeee so long...

note to everyone... I will be sleeping for 2 days!!
Someone please start a new thread, this one is too long for Star.

soilsandup
Sacramento, CA
(Zone 9a)

August 28, 2008
6:32 AM

Post #5477352

And a very well deserved two days of sleep... Terri - I am so touched that you stayed up this late to make the most stupendous flying teapot there ever was in this whole wide world. Why, I can go anywhere and everywhere in it. I am really going to miss seeing all your ingenious creations - will try to get to a computer when I can though.

Garden is watered, am half way packed...I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Thanks again ever so much for such a great send off, Terri. :D.
Found something in my garden that I will have to post before I left - it will be in the what's blooming in my garden thread.

weed_woman
Coffs Harbour
Australia

August 28, 2008
8:51 AM

Post #5477431

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/896836/
your wish is my command!
OOOhhhhhh, Aaaahhhhh, WWoooooooowww! I can see the fireworks from here Terri!
Burgers at the new cafe'
Sue
ellesgh
Humansville, MO

August 30, 2008
2:38 PM

Post #5486720

hi
i bought a tea pot and broke the lid
can i put a small african violets into it
will it grow
elle
starlight1153
Seale, AL
(Zone 8b)

August 31, 2008
9:40 PM

Post #5491671

Hi all. Just a quick pop in. Keep Karma in mind and all the rest of our southern coastal friends. Looks like Gustav gonna make a nasty time of it again like three years ago when Katrina and Rita hit us.

If it like last time, I wil get rains and being in country will lose power maybe, but Karma right in the path, so hope she has evacuated.

Well just wanted to let ya all know why ya may not see some folks around for days or maybe even weeks in the hard hit areas.

So somebody remember to keep the place clean and turn off the coffe maker at night for sure and if ya all have a party think of us other folks and have one for us. Nerves sure do get rattled during hurricane season.

Got some of my mums that are just starting to open, but don't know where the proper place to cut them is. Do you cut the whole stem to the bottom leaves and all or just a portion of it. Maybe by the time the storm is over, I wil have some blooms for ya all.

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

September 1, 2008
11:50 PM

Post #5495914

Hoping that everyone has fared okay through the hurricane. Sounds like it is a terror still on the news. Please stay safe and check in when you can Karma and Star.
Don't know much about mums Star except that I have little to no luck with them. Steve just brought some the other day from his work that were being sold and sure I will only have them this season and then they will be nowhere to be found.
Elle, should grow in your pot as long as you put some stones or something in the bottom for drainage. Never know till you give it a try.
Here's some chocolate chip cookies I made - enjoy!

Thumbnail by haighr

ellesgh
Humansville, MO

September 2, 2008
1:52 PM

Post #5497973

thank i will try
cook are so good will take
picture of it
elle
starlight1153
Seale, AL
(Zone 8b)

September 3, 2008
10:14 PM

Post #5504398

Hi all. I am fine and dry. Gustuv didn't come this way, but been busy helping evacuees and now getting ready to help Hanna folks, so wil just be popping in and out when I can, but got a surpise to show ya all saturday. : )

Stil worried about Karma. She in a bad hit area. Hope she checks in soon somewhere, but them folks gonan be without power for quite a long while yet.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

September 4, 2008
12:04 AM

Post #5504847

Hi Star, So pleased to hear you are safe and dry. Looking forward to our surprise on Saturday!!!!!
Hope Karma and Traci are safe and well and that we hear from them soon.

Those cookies look tempting Candee, think I'll take one to the next cafe' thread and have it with a coffee, Thank you!
elle, I think the African violets will be cute in your teapot, hope you take a picture to show us.
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

September 4, 2008
11:15 AM

Post #5506439

So glad you popped in Star. I am very anxious about Sat., I love surprises!!!
Karma asked me to hold off on sending some bloodgrass her way just before the storm hit, haven't heard since, but imagine she is surely w/o power. So hoping they can check in soon and let us know they are at least okay.
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

September 6, 2008
8:19 PM

Post #5517051

Hi everyone. We are well. New Orleans was spared as our levees held up to the surges. We have power, but other parts of New Orleans are still doing without. It seems Hurricane Gustav have affected the entire state of Louisiana as well as surrounding states. Thank you for all the concern. That's not the end of it though. . .Hurricane Ike may be coming our way as well. Here's the projected path. http://weather.wwltv.com/auto/wwltv/tropical/tracking/at200809_5day.html Please keep us in your prayers.
starlight1153
Seale, AL
(Zone 8b)

September 6, 2008
10:04 PM

Post #5517555

Glad ya checking in Karma. Been having ya in prayers. Sorry folsk ya gotta wait til tommorrow and that if this storm passes. Hanna went north of me but it been thundering and pouring rain here all day. Popping in quick just to let ya know can't get out in the garden just yet.

Gott aget back off of here cuz of the thunder and lightning, but ya wante dya to know.

Ya Karma I worried about Ike too, not knowing which way she gonan blow east or west or right up the middle .
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

September 7, 2008
1:45 AM

Post #5518390

Hi Karma and Star, I'm so Happy to hear you are both safe and well. Thanks for letting us know you are both ok.
There hasn't been much information on the news about your hurricanes over here, it's very annoying!!
I have been watching with great interest on the weather forum, it's so helpful to see the weather maps.
My brother is in the Bahamas, I think Ike is on it's way there.
Please keep in touch and take care.
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

September 8, 2008
12:53 AM

Post #5522185

So glad to hear from both of you and that all is okay your way. Terri I am sure your brother is ready to take cover in the Bahamas and will heed any and all warnings. Keep in mind it may be a bit before he can contact you so just be patient till the worst passes. Karma hoping that you don't have to evacuate again, perhaps you will be spared and Ike will calm down in the gulf. Star glad you checked in and have weathered the thunderstorms that came with Hanna.
karmaplace
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 8b)

September 8, 2008
2:28 PM

Post #5524301

Terri, looks like it's over Cuba. Hopefully your brother won't feel it too much.

Candee, I hope it's okay to ask you to hold the blood grass another week. We haven't even reached peak hurricane season yet! If Ike comes this way, I'm making plans to move. Now, if everyone will help me pick a city, state, I will really appreciate it! Not ready to move out of the country though!

Star, we were too busy after Gustav, and forgot about Hanna. Hope you've recovered from all her thunder and rain.
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

September 8, 2008
5:19 PM

Post #5524946

I love NO but surely would have moved myself. These storms are just way too much risk and pressure for me. Western MD is real nice if you don't mind the snow. If I could go anywhere would likely be AZ I like the hot and/or VA is nice.
No problem with the blood grass, watching it for you is fun. It is actually starting to sprout new shoots that are about 1/2 tall which makes me feel as though the shipping will be fine and not traumatic at all for them when we are ready. Got the box n paper and stuff and addy on the fridge, will just add newspaper, water and baggies and away they will go to the Po on a Sat morn.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

September 9, 2008
12:27 AM

Post #5526677

We are getting rains and flooding from Hanna over here now!!!!!
Stay safe Karma and Star.
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

September 9, 2008
11:32 AM

Post #5528411

Wow that Hanna really got around. We had it on Saturday, not so bad at the cabin but apparently was quite a downpour all day back at our house in Hagerstown.
Hope you aren't too much in any path of flooding Terri, keep the drains open on your street if you can.
Be careful everyone of Ike, sounds like he is a mean one.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Cut Flowers and Floral Design Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Welcome to the Cut Flowers and Floral Design Forum dave 40 Apr 24, 2008 2:40 PM
Starting us off Wvdaisy 36 Apr 24, 2007 9:24 PM
My Tropical displays. celt33040 8 Apr 23, 2007 12:26 PM
Articles and tips about processing cut flowers.... gemini_sage 23 Aug 7, 2012 4:11 AM
Vases Lenjo 83 Jul 31, 2008 2:11 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America