FALL quilt block swap PART 2!

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

We came from here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/880398/#new, please remember the deadline is Oct 1 for ALL blocks to be sent out (although judging from the blocks that are FLYING out the door to new owners that won't be a problem!)

Please refer to first thread for "the rules" and here is a recap of the colors. Anyone who is NOT a member will need to send their addresses to all the members AND receive the addresses of the members since they are unable to retrieve them from address list that DG maintains.

1 psychw2----Red, White and Blue (in stars, even monotone florals, or flags)
2. mgh----small floral prints in yellow, pinks, greens, purples, peaches
3. abbisgranma----cream & all shades of blue & purple
4. Qwilter----Red/ white/ blue
5. 2pugdogs----Purples and sage
6. 2busy gardening----pastels/Aunt Grace 1930"s
7. Quelgian----purple turqoise and white
8. Lillyfan ----fall colors
9.. barefootT----greens, creams, browns, orange (solid or print) Fall
10. Got2Bgreen----Red/ pink / white solids OR prefer ROSE PRINT
11. Karen of Arizona----fall colors
12. luvs2garden2000----fall colors
13. Taters55----fall colors, crèmes & browns, … or purples

(Marion) Havana, FL(Zone 8b)

I have received 3 fantastic blocks!! As soon as my camera charges I will post the pictures. I am so excited about putting this group together ---can hardly wait. Colors are just perfect in all of them. Thanks.

I'm so happy to hear you are pleased with the blocks you have received, it does make getting the mail FUN doesn't it?

Oh my yes!! Sorry I haven't mailed the magazines yet. Took time out to go help with my Mom who took a very bad fall. Soon reading materials will be coming.

No hurry... I will enjoy them whenever they get here!

Thanks so much.

Willamette Valley, OR(Zone 8a)

Hope your mom feels better soon.

She is doing much better, thanks.

South Central, IA(Zone 5a)

abbisgranma, good to hear your mother is doing well.

FINALLY, I am going to get the picture of the first 4 blocks I've recieved! They are from: got2Bgreen, 2pugdogs, 2busygardening, and mgh.

Wonderful blocks everyone!

Thumbnail by llilyfan

I'm going to mail out my first 4 blocks today.

This is my block, it shows the pattern I've chosen.

Thumbnail by llilyfan

Lilly, the pattern and colors you have chosen are BEAUTIFUL! I can't wait to see it in MY colors! LOL.

I have been sewing up a storm and have the final 5 blocks cut and ready to sew. Having the ability to sew ALL the blocks at once (the info on colors etc) has REALLY helped me. I've certain the next swap I organize will have the same feature. I'd like people's feed back of how they have felt about this. I'll post an interest thread in a week or two probably.

(Tia) Norman, OK(Zone 7a)

Psychw2, I told mom about your new swap and she is excited. She now says she wants to do a railroad quilt. She will call it railroad to Colorado. Where us kids were born and her and my daddy were married.

Fleming Island, FL(Zone 9a)

Can't believe how many blocks I've received already. I want you all to know that you aren't forgotten. Mine may be the last you receive. I've been waiting for a work related trip to be finalized and was just given dates today. I'll be in the Orient 25 Aug - 6 Sep. I doubt I'll have time to get blocks made before then.

So, DON'T panic - you will get them - and hopefully by 1 Oct.

LOL... I know, its NUTS!!! I have been so slow in some swaps I just really wanted to be EARLY this time! I got the last of them sewn this morning, I'm so excited!

I'm even slower!! When I came home from my Mom's I thought I would devote the next day or so doing my blocks. DIL needed me to keep the GDs as the day care they were in for the summer took a 2 week break and someone was needed to stay with them. Of course when she asked me I couldn't say no! LOL Really tough job but it has to be done.

Fabrics and pattern all selected.

Coast range of, OR(Zone 8b)

I'm not in a hurry to recieve my blocks as I have 3 quilt tops in progress right now. I was in a hurry to get mine out because I was in the swing of things and I am afraid that if I get out of my groove - no one would recieve anything from me.

^_^

Boy Ain't that the truth Got2bgreen! When I get sewing, I SEW... in this house I do not really have the luxary of LEAVING everything set up so its such a hassle to sew for short times. Since yesterday morning I have sewn over 15 blocks and put the sashing on one quilt top. I'm piecing the backing now... gotta go! Hubby will be home from work in less than an hour and I'd like to have this cleaned up.

(Linda) Winfield, KS(Zone 6a)

I received this in the mail yesterday from Psychw2. Thanks so much it is really beautiful. I love the colors

Thumbnail by 2pugdogs

I also got this one in the mail yesterday from BarefootT very interesting block. All the colors really bring it together. Love it. The block is called Carpenters Square.

This message was edited Aug 12, 2008 9:20 AM

Thumbnail by 2pugdogs

That is a cool block, how about you send the link BarefootT???

I think all the blocks are very pretty, i can not wait to get them all together and play with them to get them just right.

(thunder)Wildwood, FL(Zone 9a)

http://www.quilterscache.com/C/CarpentersSquareBlock.html

here ya go, I made the last strips wider to make the block 12.5 instead of 11, I was very happy with how it has come out, hope you all like the color schemes, I am choosing for you. More will be out in the mail this week .

The first few I did took quite awhile, but they are getting easier and easier. heres another one

Thumbnail by barefootT

Thats a cute little leaf pattern in that fabric. The block is very bold! Nice work.

I received my block from MGH this week and I forgot to post I am so sorry, it is very pretty. I really like the colors in all my blocks I have.

Cliff Dweller, WA(Zone 8b)

OMG... I am not in on this swap (because I'm in two already), but THESE BLOCKS ARE STUNNING!!!!!!!!!!!]

Way to go ladies!!!! Beautiful color choices! Post more post more!!!!

Love them!!!

Qwilter and psychw2, I'm putting your blocks in the mail today. I am definately going to have to do a r/w/b quilt, these turned out quite nice (I think)no humility here! Let me know what you think, because I'm not sure I followed your color instructions very well psychw2
:-)

I am sure it is STUNNING!! You do such nice work Lilly. You sure don't have to worry about "following" the instructions! I am going to be making a couple of R/W/B quilts and will be mixing the blocks from several swaps that I have asked for RWB. It will look more like a sampler quilt, or at least I hope so!!!

One of my favorite blocks that I have made for myself includes a cute red fabric with X & Os and the word love in white on the solid red background. That makes up VERY cute in the RWB blocks.

We ended up making an "emergency" trip out of town to help my son so we stopped at the PO on way out of town and dropped all the blocks in the mail. Hopefully you will all be getting your blocks soon. It would have been easier to make ALL the FALL blocks the same but I could do it... too curious about different combinations! I hope you like them all.

Got to go... I am NOT fond of sister's laptop! (although grateful for access!) OH!! I have a job interview scheduled for next Wednesday.

LOL, I too was too curious about different combos and ending up making them all different also.

I was really surprised when after laying all the fall blocks out for my DH to see, he chose taters55 block as his favorite....his second choice was the one for BarefootT, which I thought would be his fav.

Good luck on the interview (cause I'll forget next week)!

Am I glad to see these last few post. I, too, am curious and have chosen different fabrics for the fall and R/W/B blocks. Load off my mind now!! Didn't want to be the odd man-oops! woman--out here.

Sending positive thoughts for your job interview next week Psychw2!!!

I am so glad that some are doing different, my mom is helping me and having so much fun and she does not like everything the same. She says its boring. I should be able to have all my blocks done mid next week and out in the mail by the end of next week.

Fleming Island, FL(Zone 9a)

psychw2 - Got the great block today. That red fabric is very nice.

My trip has been pushed back a week so I may get some time to sew before I go. Have so enjoyed this round of blocks.

I got a great fall block from llilyfan today, and sent two more out. will post some pics tomorrow. Sorry but tooo tired tonight, was a very long hard week at work and I'm off to bed, just needed to check in here first....

well...now that i have had almost 12 hours of sleep, I'm ready to roll.
so here is the pic of llily's lovely block

Thumbnail by barefootT

and here is another one I did, but this one came out 12.25, not 12.5...soooo I guess I have to add it to my "keep" pile, instead of sending it to someone.
Now that I have had some very much needed extra sleep I am going to try it again..

Thumbnail by barefootT
Tucson, AZ(Zone 8a)

I have received 5 beautiful blocks and will get pictures posted in the next day or two. My son is tied up with drill this weekend and cannot help me. I have also got all of my blocks cut out ready to sew except for one. Will cut it tomorrow when I get home from work. I am enjoying this swap very much.

here is the block I got today from psychw2, another great one :-}

Thumbnail by barefootT

I have really enjoyed this one too, maybe because I am EARLY. I am not feeling guilty for being LATE. I am not embarrassed because I couldn't get someone's block "right" because I was too inexperienced for some of the block patterns chosen!!! Being successful does help my attitude! LOL

It COULD have been my imagination but it SEEMS so far that many of the blocks have been a little on the easier side when we were going to be sewing ALL the blocks of the pattern we chose. Is that my imagination? Of course some of us have not yet chosen our patterns so maybe I'm making assumptions too soon!! I've sure enjoyed the blocks that I have received so far.

I'm working on our 2nd room trying to SQUEEZE a sewing table and clear some shelf space in there so I can leave my sewing set up. I'm making progress!!! (Back to WORK!)

I got this one in the mail yesterday from psychw2. I have been really receiving some beautiful blocks.

Thumbnail by 2pugdogs

I'm sorry I didn't get a picture taken earlier and posted but I received this one Friday. I am on my down side this week feeling tired and run down. Got2Bgreen send this one to me love the colors like I said I have been receiving some very beautiful blocks. All blocks that I have been receiving have some great color choices in them they are really great.

Thumbnail by 2pugdogs

Linda sending good wishes your way!!! Take care of yourself. The blocks are all beautiful. Have been busy with GDs and trying to get things taken care of in the yard in the event Lady Fay's ways are felt here. Will post my blocks later today.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.