Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

Theme - Arrangement - Secret Garden Spots

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

This is a bit different but I think I like the simplicity and the woodsyness of it. Can't wait to see yours.

Thumbnail by haighr
Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

From the top! Sedum frosty morn, arborvitae and Tall garden phlox

Thumbnail by haighr
london England, United Kingdom

Lovely arrangement Candee! The piece of wood looks great as the focal point, nice height and very interesting with all the textures.
Thank you for a new theme, inspiring as usual!

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Thanks Terri, have had the piece of wood sitting on a shelf in our breezeway for 20 + years and always knew it had a purpose LOL! Finally found out what it was waiting for. I can't tell you how much fun it is to play with sticks n stones along with my flowers! This forum has been a real learning experience for me and I now find I am experimenting with all sorts of mediums! It was quite an adventure looking for just the right cutting from the arborvitae that had the desired shape I wanted.

Can't wait to see what everyone else comes up with for this one.

(Zone 6a)

Thats really good Candee!

I have a peice of wood like that lying around too..............hmmm......now I just need to find a dish................

(Zone 6a)

Heres my secret garden oasis!

From the top:
Thornless Honeylocust 'Skyline'
Lemongrass
Annual Lobelia
Fuchsia triphylla 'Gartenmeister Bonstedt'
Lamium maculatum

This message was edited Aug 11, 2008 3:22 PM

Thumbnail by SW_gardener
(Zone 6a)

Close up

Thumbnail by SW_gardener
(Zone 6a)

another

Thumbnail by SW_gardener

and what a dish you found, it's beautiful! The foliage and flowers so neatly arranged. Love the blue lobelia, perfect colour with the dish and the foliage makes it look tropical ! A 'secret garden oasis' indeed!

need a dish.....!

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Wow Steven that is fantastic. That dish is really really neat. When the arrangement is over can you post just a pic of the dish, it looks quite unusual. Terri is so right, the blues really compliment the container and the red sets it off. Great job!

(Zone 6a)

Thanks Terri and Candee!!! I'll be sure to post a pic of the dish, theres actualy a matching pot to go with it but since we've had so much rain I figured the dish wasn't needed outside. Whats in the picture is actualy two peices, the dish and the frog. The frog is fixed inside the clear glass weight so it can be used on its own or inside another container.

Steven

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

bump, want to see your theme arrangements for this one? Lurkers?

oops, keep meaning to get around to it, Thanks for the reminder!

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

You better get on the ball there!

New Orleans, LA(Zone 8b)

Lovely secret garden spots in here! Very creative Candee and Steven.

Hi karma, are you going to make a secret garden spot?

I haven't had a good idea yet Candee!

New Orleans, LA(Zone 8b)

Hey Terri, I miss these themed arrangements. Not sure if I can come up with anything. I will try.

(Zone 6a)

I'm sure both of you will come up with something amazing!

Steven

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

LOL, Terri, you once said getting the idea is the tough part, the easy is putting it together and I am just the opposite. I did the fireworks arrangement last evening, had a great idea and it took forever to get it together. Can't wait to blast it off at the cafe's celebration.
Karma, if I can do it you surely can.
Steven and I will be patient LOL, but waiting with baited breath!

looking forward to blast off too!

The more creative ideas are, the harder the mechanics become!

Terri's arrangement coming soon! Lol

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

^_^ - I know I coerced you into this, take your time. We have all winter to look forward to a secret garden. But least I got you thinkin about it again ha, ha!

Haven't forgotten!

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

LOL, this has become so secret even I had forgotten!

SHHhhhhhhhhhh it's a secret!

I've had a IDEA !!!!! coming soon LOL!

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

OMG, I knew it would hit you sooner or later LOL!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.