Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Vermicomposting: Leaf Mulch and ticks...

Communities > Forums > Vermicomposting
bookmark
Forum: VermicompostingReplies: 2, Views: 41
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
pineviewplanter
Linden, TN

August 10, 2008
10:47 PM

Post #5396528

We have gaggles of all sorts of leaves around our home since we live out in the sticks... and I was thinking of using some nice oak leaves to put into the work bed that are from a tree out in front of our home this fall.

But since we have so many darned seed ticks, I was worried that I might end up raising ticks in there instead...

Does anyone have any thoughts on this??

Thanks,
Carolyn
fieldsems
Paris, TN

August 11, 2008
5:32 PM

Post #5399955

ooo never thought of that we use fall leaves in our bins too but we use one of those mulching vacs to suck the leaves up. There are always ticks in my worm hut but never seen them in my bins.
pineviewplanter
Linden, TN

August 11, 2008
10:45 PM

Post #5401222

You know... as attractive as leaf mulch might be for worm boxes, I think I will stick to shredded cardboard, cow poop, shredded newspapers, and veggie waste... of which I have lots of around this house... lol I was thinking about how bad the ticks are and getting worse every year it seems, and I sure don't need to be raisin' them in my basement garage.. lol I detest those buggers...

Carolyn

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Vermicomposting Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Vermicomposting anyone? margaran 74 Jan 31, 2008 9:09 PM
vermicomposting margaran 214 May 2, 2008 1:26 PM
Vermicomposting-2 margaran 92 Feb 15, 2008 2:36 AM
Welcome to the new Vermicomposting forum! Terry 16 Jul 21, 2013 6:32 PM
wrigglers? kooger 19 Jul 16, 2008 2:59 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America